jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Using Affiliate Links in Hubs

1. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

I didn't think that we could use affiliate links in hubs that go straight to (say) Amazon (or wherever).

I just ran across a hubber who has over 100 hubs, most of which use direct links to amazon products. I didn't think this was in the TOS to do. Or do you just get a warning notice.

I thought I tried doing it one time, and got some kind of notice. I can't remember. It's easier to just use the Amazon capsule anyway. Plus, I'd like to help feed the dog who helps to feed me.

2. kirstenblog profile image80
    kirstenblogposted 7 years ago

I don't know of any rule against it but I don't like it. I know you can use affiliate links not supported by a capsule and that seems fair enough but I prefer the ads in a capsule. The amazon ones look nice to me, I wouldn't try to cut HP out by using a text link as I doubt people will actually click them as much as proper ads. I do wish there was a capsule with a program like commission junction or another similar type affiliate program smile

3. Mrvoodoo profile image60
    Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago

I believe (but could be wrong) that you're allowed to use your two self-serving links in the manner you've described above, as long as you have your hub set to commercial so that HP can still earn from Adsense.

But like you, I use the capsules for the same reason.  They earn their share.

1. kirstenblog profile image80
      kirstenblogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

and they look nicer smile

1. Mrvoodoo profile image60
        Mrvoodooposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That's true. smile

working