jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

I just wrote a new hub and it is telling me that it is duplicate

1. jennshealthstore profile image86
    jennshealthstoreposted 7 years ago

The hub I just wrote is regarding the sport Handball. I know that the content is not duplicate, because most of it describes my experiences growing up and how we use to play "street handball". The names of the techniques of the sport are the same, however, I describes each technique in my own words. I did email them to ask them to review it. How long does it usually take for them to review these things?

2. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure exactly how long it takes, but as long as you emailed them, you will receive an answer.

do you have the content anywhere else online? do you have your own website or blog where you have the same article?
    that may cause the duplicate flag.

jennshealthstoreposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you rebehahelle for replying.

I did post it on my blog as a link, but I did it after I wrote the article on hubpages. The duplicate content  warning was there right away. Even before I put the link on my blog. Maybe it is just an error. I just want to make sure I am following the rules correctly.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Remember that duplicate content is determined by an automated filter.  It is possible for a Hub that is original to accidentally trip this filter if it uses a lot of words found on other pages without being a genuine duplicate.

In such cases, the admin review is what will verify original content and clear the flag.  I had that happen to a Hub once myself.

Oh ok relache, that is good to know. I just found it weird. I knew I typed the words myself, and I was wondering if somebody somehow got it while it was still unpublished. But I did check the internet and did not find it. So I guess it might just be an error.

Thanks Relache

4. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

it sounds like you will be fine, probably as relache has mentioned, the words are similar.

5. quaywards profile image67
    quaywardsposted 7 years ago

It's always good to check before you publish smile
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Plagiarism-Checkers

Yes, I knew it wasn't duplicate, because it was totally my words. But thanks the problem has been fixed.

working