jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (20 posts)

My Hot's Hotter Than Your Hot!

1. lorlie6 profile image88
    lorlie6posted 7 years ago

Okay, let's get to some serious whining.  Bishop, California baked at 104 Farenheit today.

All sob stories welcome!

1. H.C Porter profile image79
      H.C Porterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

with all considered, you are so much hotter than I am here. I wish it was fall already---this humidity and temp makes me feel miserable

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Sorry to hear that Lorlie. I do hope you were inside and cool. The temp here was warm, but not hot enough to turn on the air. smile

So, I guess I have no rant about the weather today. lol

3. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 7 years ago

http://www.araair.com/images/hot_animation.gif

1. Fluffymetal profile image75
      Fluffymetalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

that is hot lorlie!! how are you?

4. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 7 years ago

Sorry, in Saudi Arabia, just nudging 50degrees C today, that is 125 in old money for those still using F... Do I win?? Sat in room with three ACs and two fans running, still sweating at my laptop...

1. profile image0
      china manposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You sure you arent a missionary and that is a pot you are in -not your room ?????

Is a beautiful 37 here in the day and 27  at night with a nice cool breeze occasionally.  Been out on our 'silent death' electric scooter where the speed is decided by the correct ventilation breeze up my shorts trouser legs big_smile

Midday nap is normal now and we will be off out again later to swim in the river upriver of town.

5. Kangaroo_Jase profile image82
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 7 years ago

Currently a wonderful warm 4C right here in Melbourne this evening, thats errrrrr 39F for the Northern Hemisphere folk.

6. lorlie6 profile image88
    lorlie6posted 7 years ago

Yep LeanMan-you win the prize.  However I don't have any in stock at the moment, so I'll just shed a couple of tears for you, okay?

1. LeanMan profile image82
      LeanManposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No point shedding a tear here, will just join the beads of sweat running down your face... lol

lorlie6posted 7 years agoin reply to this

LeanMan-haha! smile  I must update my OP and let you know that the high here yesterday was a lovely and soothing 106.  Expecting the same for around a week-so in addition to the beads of sweat, there WILL be tears! smilesmile

7. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 7 years ago

Hey we are July hot here on the Costa Blanca. No idea the true temperature but my thermometer here in front of my laptop hasn't dropped below 30 day or night. The humidity is high. Can't move without sweating. Can't sleep. The fans blow hot air but can't leave them running all night because electricity is too expensive. Aircon? You're having a laugh!
    August is worse sad

1. Dave Barnett profile image52
      Dave Barnettposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Y'all should come to the central Oregon coast. Right on the ocean, if the thermometer hits eighty, it's considered hot. Been here 12 yrs. and still too cold for me.

Send me a ticket?  I love the cold!

8. McConnell Group profile image61
    McConnell Groupposted 7 years ago

That's funny, we hit 104 in Toronto too, or as we Canadians call it 40C

I love it, I prefer extreme's either cold enough to snow or hot enough to melt and swim

9. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Hey Lorlie, what's up? smile

Not much, Cags, just staying in the cool and being as cool as an old lady can be! smile

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well, then I can only suggest that you keep on doing what you're doing. wink big_smile

10. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 7 years ago

It was only 92 in the shade yesterday - but for me that is hot - not used to it.  Not acclimatized even though I've lived in this climate for 40 years!  It is just that we'll have several days of cool foggy weather - have to wear a jacket in the morning and evening and then it gets very bright, very sunny and temps up into the 90s - so one cannot get accustomed to it.  So far this summer I haven't gotten the usual summer cold which makes me miserable - knock on wood!

11. Pcunix profile image87
    Pcunixposted 7 years ago

We had a nice day of cool rain, but are back to heat.  Not too bad yet, hasn't even reached 90, but tomorrow is forecast to be worse.

working