jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Chat on Hubpages

1. Info Bucket profile image74
    Info Bucketposted 7 years ago

I know climberjames posted this earlier. But, think about a chatroom in Hubpages..... How will be it? I think it'll be a great place to keep in touch for the Hubbers. What's your view???

2. Info Bucket profile image74

No one interested??

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Why when you can open a forum thread? hmm

3. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

There was a chatroom for Hubbers on another site but it folded for lack of interest.

HubPages is not a social networking site, it's a place to write articles.  I think adding a chatroom would shift the emphasis of the site too far in the social networking direction which would be a negative.

Edit: please remember HubPages is an international site and we're all on different time zones.  Just because no one answers your question within 15 minutes doesn't mean no one's interested, it just means they're in bed.  No need to bump.

4. Info Bucket profile image74

First of all, I am sorry Marissa. And ......... Hubpages is a place to write articles, thats true. But, can't we share our knowledge through chatting, i think it'll be great.
    @Cagsil : Cags, i opened this coz.......... I don't know.....lol?

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Like I said, it was tried and it failed.

I think forums are a much better way to share knowledge because the information is there in a more permanent form.  Chatting is just for being social.

5. kmackey32 profile image61
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

Well I think its a good idea... smile

6. Info Bucket profile image74

It was once tested?? Oooh

7. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Why don't you just go start a chat room on some site that offers chat, and make it for Hub authors, and see  how that goes?

8. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

I agree with Relache and Marissa. It shifts the focus too much away from writing to just hanging out. You can always start your own chatroom as they suggest.

9. Info Bucket profile image74

I will try to start a chatroom on meebo, thanx hubbers!

working