My personal score is constantly decreasing since I've joined

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (99 posts)
  1. zsobig profile image83
    zsobigposted 13 years ago

Hello,
    I've read through the faq and some of the forums, but I haven't find the question to my problem. My personal score is constantly decresing since I've joined. I thought at first it is because my hubs are possibly not that good, therefore I've tried to revise them, but I didn't find any probs. Then all the published hubs' score started to grow, and they continue this trend, but my personal score is still falling, more than 5 points a day (at least). What am I doing wrong?
    Please help me!
    Thanks in advance,
    zsobig

1. IntimatEvolution profile image70
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have a 94.  What's so bad about that?  Gee'z.hmm

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

At the time she posted it she was 4 or 5...

1. IntimatEvolution profile image70
          IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, well........

2. jasoncox83 profile image60
      jasoncox83posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Here ya go directly from the HubPages FAQ...Hope it helps a bit...

HOW IS HUBSCORES COMPUTED

"HubScore takes into account many factors and will change over time as data about its performance continues to stream in. It will also fluctuate quite a bit, seemingly at random, and that is nothing to worry about. The most important HubScore components that you should be concerned with include:

Amount of traffic - including percentage from reputable sources other than HubPages

The reputation of the Hubber - your Hubber Score and contribution to the community

The response of readers to your hub - including comments, thumbs up, etc.

The uniqueness of content - copying content already available on the web will be penalized

We reserve the right to change the factors used to assess a Hub’s HubScore as we continue to determine those that measure a great Hub. The bottom line is if you write original, useful content, your HubScores will reflect the quality and work you've put into them."

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

I checked your hubtivity, and everything seems normal. Your hubs all score above 50, so that is not the problem either. It is simply too early to tell; who knows what those computers are "thinking." Give it a week or so, it should straighten itself out. If that doesn't help, contact HubPages.

zsobigposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK, I was thinking about I should contact HubPages, but then I will wait a few days.
      Although it is really annoying, because I didn't find any probs with my hubs either... sad
      Thanks for the answer!

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Impatience and ambition don't mix very well, but are often accompanying each other. Welcome, good luck!

Maybe I'm a bit impatient, but the reason is that one of my friend also has a profile here and she never experienced a decrease in her hubber score since she had joined. Therefore I got nervous that maybe I'm doing something wrong.
          But OK, time will tell, I hope you are right smile.
          Best wishes

3. Princessa profile image81
    Princessaposted 13 years ago

I've been here for a long time and my hub score goes up and down without apparent reasons -at least nothing to do with what I do.

1. Lisa HW profile image63
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Same here (although I do seem to notice that my score often goes up if I do nothing for a couple of days - which would not seem to be all that flattering to me, I'd think.   lol  )   In all seriousness, I've always assumed new Hubs go in at a low score and bring the whole business down unless/until they eventually make their way up.

4. The Belly Burner profile image57
    The Belly Burnerposted 13 years ago

I'm in the same boat - I just joined two days ago and my score is plummeting!

This is my second account on Hubpages though, so I know that this score will turn around eventually. Just don't think about it. wink

Thanks for the advice... I will try not to think about my score then smile

5. Info Bucket profile image64
    Info Bucketposted 13 years ago

I don't know whats wrong with your Hubscore, you have plenty of Hubtivity, but it keep going down. Wait and it will go up.

6. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I would start off by rewriting your profile. It's a dupe of the one you used on Squidoo, evidently.

Yeah, it is similar to that one, but I've deleted it from Squidoo two days ago... I like this site better.

7. zsobig profile image83

Still decreasing... sad

8. WryLilt profile image90
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Publishing new hubs sometimes lowers score, especially if you are new and publish them in quick succession.

However unless you have duplicate content or over promotional content it will eventually average out.

Remember - hubscores/profile scores are an indication only and most of the pro hubbers ignore them. It won't effect your traffic, if google is sending you any.

The only thing it will effect is making all your links to other sites nofollow to search engine crawlers. You need 75 profile score to enable dofollow.

So unless you are promoting your own external sites, I wouldn't worry.

I am not promoting anything, I just want to make my country more popular if it is possible. I do not have a single link to other sites that are promoting sg, so that is surely not the case.
      Maybe I am posting hubs too fast? This can also be the reason? Then it is sad I think, because now I have many freetime to write, and I would also like to achieve the 30 days hub challlenge... :S.

1. WryLilt profile image90
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As I said in my post, hubscore actually has no effect on anything except dofollow/nofollow links so most hubbers ignore it.

Hubscore/profile score can change up to 5-10 points at random - it happens to me so much I don't even look at it anymore. smile

I looked at your hubs and they seem very well put together although maybe you should remove the word "lens" and replace it with "hub".

Are these copied over from squidoo? If so it may take a few days for HP to realize that they're the only ones of their kind.

Otherwise, just ignore it, keep writing and before you know it you'll be sitting in the 70s-80s.

9. Info Bucket profile image64

ooooh, 8, never mind. It'll go up.

I hope so, yesterday it was 13, and I was afraid that it could get even lower... I was right then hmm

10. profile image0

There is nothing to prevent you from contacting HubPages directly. The problem could be related to your IP address or other technical issues.

http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

OK, done.
      Thanks Examiner, I hope that will help!

11. Princessa profile image81
    Princessaposted 13 years ago

I said don't worry about it... but this is very weird.  I think you should contact the HP team.

Yes, I know, I tried to... but it is really annoying to see that my hubs' score are growing and yet my hubber score is decreasing.

1. Princessa profile image81
        Princessaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In any event if you are here to earn some extra income, that shouldn't affect you.  Contact the team and be patient, they'll come up with an answer.

12. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Hubpages hate duplicate anything, as far as I understand. If you write something you have to write it for Hubpages only, you cannot put it somewhere else, then change your mind, delete, then put it somewhere else, etc., even your profile. If you have time just write new original content and Hub folks will love you! tongue

13. swapna123 profile image61
    swapna123posted 13 years ago

I am facing the same issue sad
    I joined hubpages 4 days back, and have written 3 not-so-bad hubs (or atleast that's what i think). As per the statistics, my score on each hub is nice.. But, the score i see on my profile, it is just 9. It's decreasing 10 points per day consistently. The hubs that i am writing is of my own and i would really want people to read it. I thought it might be because i am new and nobody seems to be following me, but maybe that's no reason.

1. profile image0

Sorry to hear that. Maybe it is a technical issue that will sort itself out, wait and see. Meanwhile, you can post links to your hubs in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum if you want to get some feedback on your hubs and your writing.

http://hubpages.com/forum/23

Sorry swapna, and thanks examiner, I hop this decrease will end soon sad

1. profile image0

Swapna's score has gone up 1 point. Maybe your turn next...

1. swapna123 profile image61
            swapna123posted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile .. Yes it did, after the first comment on a hub.
            I just posted one of the links in the extreme hub make over for feedback. Hope I will be able to do better.

14. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

I would try to remove all wikipedia links. Other than that I did not see anything that would affect you in such a dramatic way...

After further investigation I see that at least some of your hubs are copied from Squidoo. This works against your score, too.

1. profile image0

There are three posters to this thread that have the same problem. Is there some way we can help them? Could this be systemic?

1. Misha profile image63

IDK WE, only staff can tell...

1. profile image0

Thanks Misha.

2. zsobig profile image83

Nope, only 2 contents are 'copied' from Squidoo (I've deleted my account there), but in fact they are not copied, I've added many things to the hubs - so they are not even duplicate contents - I have no alerts. And I think this should only affect the hubs' score, not my hubber score. That's why I do not understand the whole thing...

1. Misha profile image63

Umm, if you don't have any warnings - then it probably is a system glitch. I don;t see anything about your hubs or hubtivity that would bring your score that low. Did somebody from staff replied to your email?

Funny thing though - your score shows 44 on my homepage, at the same time 5 on your profile and on forums. Reinforces the version of glitch. smile

No, I have no answer yet, although I have written the mail to the team 2 days ago...
          Now I think HP is working against me big_smile
          I hope you are right and it is only a glitch - 44 would be amazing instead of this 5 points smile.
          I don't know what is the problem.

1. relache profile image72
            relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If your Hubs all used to be Squidoo lenses, and they still exist in search engines caches as such, then HubPages would be considering all your content to be duplicated, which is one possible scenario.  And yet, you would be seeing flags/warnings if that were really the case.

The other thing that I hope admin looks at is if your IP address somehow has been identified with previous spamming activity, something that can happen if you have a dynamic (changing) and not static address.  That seems less likely as folks who run into this issue often don't get as far as publishing 7 Hubs without getting some sort of warning message.

The last thing I can think of is that you've included a nearly identical set of links at the bottom of each Hub, promoting all your other Hubs whether they are on topic or not.  You might try getting rid of that and see what happens.

1. Misha profile image63

Someone thought of it and even posted above - but she says she does not have dupe warnings, so this must be non-issue here...

2. zsobig profile image83

Nope, as I said this is not the case, I was a Squidoo user for a week and I've deleted days ago. Only 2 of my hubs that can be found here were on Squidoo as well (others are unique, written only for HP), but there are many new things added to the ones that were on Squidoo . There are no alerts or warnings on my hubs, so no duplicate content either.

I did no spamming activity, therefore I don't think there could be any problems with my IP address either.

I've added the links about my other hubs to the end of each of my hub one and a half days ago, and at that time my hubber score was already decreasing.

So, your tips are good (and thanks for them, really), I thought the same - that one of the upper mentioned cases may cause the problem -, but in fact I've done nothing against the rules.

Now I will wait for the answer of the HP team I think, and if there is no 'medicine' for my problem, I think I will try your lastly mentioned tip (again). I really have no other, better idea...

Thanks for your good tips though!

1. relache profile image72
                relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You don't have to be the spammer for that to be the problem with a dynamic IP address.  Just someone else who got temporarily assigned that IP address sometime before you could have been the culprit, but most often, people in those instances have gotten flagged after one or two Hubs, and then admin has cleared it.

It was just something I thought of...

I do find one thing interesting in regards to your situation.  I contacted admin about an issue with one of my own Hubs this AM, and received a reply in about 20 minutes, whereas you seem to have been waiting for a reply for a few days.  Sadly, low author scores and recent arrival seem to bump you further down the priority list.

1. profile image0

The OP contacted them just 28 hours ago. I have seen the team at HubPages saying that they usually try to respond within 2 or 3 business days.

I know, therefore I will wait one (and a half) more day.
                    Is it OK if after the 3 days are passed I write a mail again? Or just wait more?
                    I'm confused, I really don't want to disturb them with my letters. But this is annoying.
                    (I know, I always want to know everything ASAP smile).

15. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I have found a lot your text currently still cached as being on squidoo, so it could possibly be a duplicate content issue, wait a couple of weeks and it might go away.

In the meantime try writing a completely unique hub, you seem to be pretty adept at creating good looking layouts, so maybe this will help boost your score a little smile

Don't be too disheartned just yet, Hubscore is not really that important, and if your hubs remain high quality you should see your overall score improve soon!

Other things you could do include answering questions, posting comments on hubs, creating hubs via the answer questions section and so on.  Fill these hubs with some brand new unique text and it should work wonders!

Thanks for the tips smile
      I hope you've found text cached on Squidoo only from the hub about Hungary and Budapest, since the others are new ones and I've written them since I've joined HP. This site is much better I think, I can get much more feedback from other writers and users than I did on Squidoo.
      It is fantastic to see that others do read my hubs and find the info on them useful. I want to feel this forever smile.
      Thanks guys!

16. zsobig profile image83

Wow.
    7 points instead of the 5 yesterday...
    Great morning for me smile

1. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hehe see it is getting better already smile

Also, are you linking your hubs to each other? this has a slight affect on your Hubscore which migh tbump you up a point or two.

Yes, I've made some linking between my hubs.
        But look at my score smile... 87... then I think Misha was right and it was only a very annoying glitch with my account smile.
        On the other hand on my profile page my hubber score is still stands at 9 points... but never mind, now I'm really happy smile.

1. profile image0

I don't think it was merely an issue of a glitch with your account, it was a systemic (site-wide) problem. I brought the possibility of a systemic issue (glitch) to Misha's attention (see my post above) because I noticed that several other Hubbers had similar problems. You having contacted HubPages and this thread may have alerted them to the problem, and hopefully other new Hubbers will be better off.

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/1127518

Then Thanks for You, WE, and I'm thankful in the name of all other hubbers' who had the same problem.

17. Wendy Krick profile image63
    Wendy Krickposted 13 years ago

Great news. I'm glad it has gone back up.

18. Info Bucket profile image64

ooh congrats. its gone up

19. billyaustindillon profile image60
    billyaustindillonposted 13 years ago

I must say the hubbers score baffles me - I have steadily dropped from 95 to 80 yet in that time increased hubs, followers and traffic. So no idea and I seem to get no answers anywhere.

I've heard that constantly increasing the number of the hubbers you follow and the number of hubs you create can also cause a decrease in your score... maybe this is the problem. When I've joined HP a week ago I've written 3 hubs on one day and my score started do decrease immediately.

*started to decrease
        Sorry

20. billyaustindillon profile image60

Thanks that seems strange actually I have cut back on number of hubs as a result and I do follow a lot of hubbers and vice versa - I figured that is what you should do smile That doesn't make a lot of sense that would hurt my score. I wonder why? Thanks for replying.

1. profile image0

It is true - and HubPages help pages expressly state - that following other Hubbers indiscriminately may hurt the author score. But I believe this is more as a way to discourage those who keep following dozens of new hubbers almost every day in an attempt to gain more followers (i.e. bordering on spammy behavior). If you follow hubbers at a natural pace when it suits you, I do not see this as hurting your score.

Removing very low-ranking hubs (e.g. duplicate content) might help improve author score. Other than that, the drop in author score when publishing new hubs should only be temporary.

I agree with You again (as usual smile), those drops are only temporarily I think.
        But the 'following dozens' is really a problem - I'm only a week old here, but I've seen many new(er) hubbers who are following much more (top) writers than those do who are here for months/years.

1. profile image0

It's nice that we are in agreement. Actual spamming (following by using computer scripts) is prohibited under the HubPages Terms of Service - sooner or later, they will be reported and shut down. The "following dozens" types who are doing this manually are not technically in violation of the rules, only frowned upon.

Yes, and it will take a long time for them to have their hubber's score 'regenerated' by writing quality hubs.

21. billyaustindillon profile image60

So basically I have been penalised from following those that follow me or interesting hubbers it seems. Anyone who knows me knows I am about as spammy as you can get.

So what is the answer unfollow a lot of people? This is very off putting actually as I try and upheld all of hubpages quality - good comments and hubs and when I follow I actually only do if I like what they ahve written and send fan mail accordingly.

Let me know what you think I should do going forward. The only other thing I can think of it something like shetoldme or twitter?

22. profile image0

Billyaustindillon, I checked out your hubtivity going a few days back. You are highly active, both comments, forum posts, and following others. Sometimes you follow a dozen or so within one hour. You could try to slow down this pattern, take a break from following others, see if it helps - your score may correct itself.

"Be careful though, following people indiscriminately can affect your HubScore"

http://hubpages.com/faq/#joinfanclub

1. billyaustindillon profile image60
      billyaustindillonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks WE yes actually what I have done in the past is I read through new people - particuarly writers and if I like them I follow them to see what happens and I usually do that in a set time - I allocate time for that. I had no clue that would be bad - I really do appreciate your time I emailed HubPAges but have not heard back. I won't follow anyone esle for a while - I will right them down f I like them for another day. To be honest I was about to pull the plug on hubpages for a while given the time I put in and I just couldn't work it out.

23. profile image0

You are welcome. Sounds good; we'll keep an eye on your score, see how it goes. Surely there must be a solution.

Wow it keeps falling 78 now - like a rock from 95. This is a great way to kill your writers spirit thats for sure sad

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hang in there Billy, give it some time, see what happens, then decide what you would like to do from there.

Cheers

Thanks Jase yes will see what happens - though I would be lying if I wasn't concerned. Have fired off a few emails to Hubpages to no response too.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
            Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No worries there Billy, I have a feeling looking at the conditions that affect HubScore, this will straighten itself out with time, it just needs (what ever time, kind of how long is a piece of string) to get there.

No doubt - I will pull back and focus elsewhere in the mean time though. Never a big fan of wasting energy and this is what this amounts to if it goes under 75 from what I understand. Surprised I haven't got an email back. Funny thing if I didn't see that 75 Google thing I wouldn't have cared less.

Don't give up, if my problem is solved, then yours will be too smile.
                Just forsget about following in the next 2 or 3 days and your score will go up again.
                But I think you mustn't wait for an answer from HubPages, since I haven't got any answer from them for almost a week :S.

24. profile image0

I had also checked your hubs, you have none scoring under 50. Absent any issues such as duplicate content, over promotional etc., it is improbable that your score will go below 75, which you correctly observe is the important mark.

Thanks - yes no duplicate all original and not overly promoted - that is what really bugs me with this. We will see - but not good is all I can say.  I will keep you informed and thanks for all your help.

25. thisisoli profile image70

Glad you got it sorted zsobig.

Billy,

Following users indiscriminately can hurt your hubscore, but if you are active ina wide range of areas I am assuming there should br some safeguards for you!

Thanks for the feedback thisisoli you would think there are safeguards but obviously there are not. Lets hope it sorts itself out rather quickly. I have cut way back on my hub writing as a result.

1. thisisoli profile image70

Creating a lot of hubs will not hurt your Hubscore, it will only hurt your Hubscore if they are low quality.

The penalty people were talking about was implemented because people would simply join Hubpages, and then spam follow thousands of people (in the mistaken belief that it would benefit them). Otehr Hubtivity should not have a negative affect!

1. profile image0

Thisisoli, I must disagree. As discussed earlier in this thread, spammy following is prohibited under the TOS, and will eventually result in a ban. What is also being penalized as far as author score is "indiscriminately" following others (manually), which may fall well short of spam following thousands of people.

Thanks for your feed back - while I have never followed any one indiscriminately I have followed a lot and vice versa as discussed above. As far as poor hubs I have never been accused of that. Whatever the problem I think it is pretty poor to happen given the effort and quality I have put in. Anyway it is what it is. The score has stabilized at 82 for now and thanks for all the feedback it is much appreciated.

2. thisisoli profile image70

You are correct, the penalty is for indiscriminately following people, however this is more than likely given whenever people simply follow a large number of people. 

This penalty was implemented because of the spam followings, I didn't say it needed to be thousands now. I know I had people follow me who i noticed had followed a huge number of people as well.

Other hubtivity such as answering questions, creating hubs and so forth should definitely not have a negative affect.

26. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

Don't worry about it OP.

27. billyaustindillon profile image60

Well no bounce still 78 and hubs actually higher and did not join other people up others than those that friended me. Official word is that can move and up down 5 or 10 points. Also my traffic is up. Just did one hub this week so far. Spent time on other blogs and will wait to see how this plays out - very disappointing really given the effort put in.

28. profile image0

Thanks for keeping us informed. I really hope a solution can be found - maybe with HubPages' help.

29. billyaustindillon profile image60

To update my score has fallen to 76 this week wrote another hub my hub score average went up - more people fanned me I did not follow anyone. I commented and posted in forums. I emailed Hubpages 3 times. My traffic went up. so as they say WTF

This is dissppointing to me and will be revaluating my time further. Thank you for all those people that PM'd me.

1. aguasilver profile image69
      aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just looked in on you and really cannot fathom why you should be so low, you have much more 'going for you' than I do.... did you upset anyone in HubHeaven?

Clearly someone isn't happy about me sad

30. Me, Steve Walters profile image80
    Me, Steve Waltersposted 13 years ago

Scores...make no sense at all to me...even after as long as I've been here. I have a new account with a few articles that get read on one page. That ranking stays about level...all the time. I have another where the hits take off on a new hub/ and on several hubs...and the score plummets. And what is it with the stats graph. It is kind of fun to look at...but is never close to the amount of hits per day on the account. Then, there is HubKharma...which I think is messing my older account score up...because it has not been the same since this stuff happened. 

Am I supposed to go back through older hubs and link up with everything to help the score? Way too much work!

Scores don't matter in regards to the quality of the work...in the grand scheme of things...but I think if you are honest with yourself...as I am being here...no one wants to see their score dropping for no explained reason.

Steve that is exactly it - mine has fallen 20 points mainly unexplainable and I make payout etc so the 75 is important to me. Not good is all I can say. I ahve emailed HubPages staff so hopefully it gets resolved.

1. wildorangeflower profile image60
        wildorangeflowerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have lots of things going on in your profile, many fans, lots of hubs too, I Hope it will be resolved soon as it is really a point to worry specially if it just continue to drop down

Yes I was getting into a nice writing patetrn and since this happened 3 weeks ago have found it hard to deliver.

2. billyaustindillon profile image60

What sucks is I really enjoy the prople and fans and friends on hubpages and have always promoted hubpages and those positives.

31. thisisoli profile image70

Just so you are aware, Hubsocre has very little effect on earnings and traffic.

I am not sure why your score is dropping, but the 75 limit merely cahngess outgoing links to nofollow.

Thanks for that - but does that not affect your Google placement? mY understanding that it is a huge deal - I guess I need to understand it better.

1. matt6v33 profile image61
        matt6v33posted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey billy, boy u r scary....
        for i too have had all of your thoughts at some point during my tenure here, however, though all of this info/feedback in helpful, to those, that are focused on such, i've come to the point, where i dont care, what there subjective bias score may fall, when it comes to my efforts for Him(The Lord), for I care about now adays on this silly site, that I may lead others hearts, and mind toward Him, and His Ways, v. their own foolish self serving ways. 
        u keep on though, for many, like me, can learn much from u .. Keep going!

32. xboxps3wow profile image40
    xboxps3wowposted 13 years ago

your score seems pretty high to me!

33. profile image0

Jasoncox83, the FAQ you have quoted concerns the scores for individual hubs - not the author score, which is what this thread is about. Many people get confused about this.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)