jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

help adding RSS feed to a hub

1. rcgal profile image59
    rcgalposted 7 years ago

Hi, obviously I'm having some trouble adding a specific RSS feed to a hub.  I've got some radio control hobby hubs and there is a feed of upcoming US radio control events from RCUniverse.com that I'd like to add to a hub.  RCUniverse says to add this as the feed:

The RSS capsule chokes on this and if I just try to enter the URL w/o the  stuff it my hub still doesn't like it - says the URL doesn't appear to be a valid feed.  Their feed works fine on an external website I have.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

1. rcgal profile image59
      rcgalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ah, I guess the URL doesn't appear to block spamming.  If you enter "RCU Live Event Feed" in a Google search engine window the page with the feed will come up.  Click there to see how they specify the feed.

2. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Are you using the url right from the browser at the top? hmm or code of some sort? I usually open the rss page and copy the url then paste it into HP RSS capsule. smile

1. viking305 profile image98
      viking305posted 7 years agoin reply to this

When adding the feed in the rss capsule you need to opy the url on the address bar and then attach these letters onto the end of the url WITHOUT any spaces.

?rss

This always works for me

1. viking305 profile image98
        viking305posted 7 years agoin reply to this

sorry that should be copy

2. rcgal profile image59
      rcgalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

ugh

Now that I've figured out formatting tips...their feed described on

rcu feed

Even if I don't try to split it into airplane events, etc. the RSS capsule says it isn't a valid feed. Just using the http part without the script tags doesn't seem to work. tongue

working