jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Strange AdSense Ad.....

1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/3614310.jpg

What's with the grey ad background against a white page? Looks real bad!

Is this a glitch or have they been doing this for a while?

Thats on one of my hubs by the way... about advertising on cars...

2. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

contrast converts

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ok fine, but is this a new development?

1. sunforged profile image64
        sunforgedposted 7 years agoin reply to this

as far as I know - YieldBuild reacts to data - If its appearing now, I  assume they found good results with this format.

I use this exact same ad on one of my sites with good results

3. Uzdawi profile image32
    Uzdawiposted 7 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/3618811.jpg

Same here.

Thats on my new hub - how to create a successful hubpage.

I think it is a rather good than a bad thing.

4. waynet profile image50
    waynetposted 7 years ago

Speaking as an arty dude, the white background isn't totally overwhelmed by the light grey block and it almost blends in and doesn't cause that much of a headache....and I can almost detect a whiff of red wine on the breeze with a hint of mint leaves as a compositional element!?.....I've been smoking too much toot!

5. Richieb799 profile image61
    Richieb799posted 7 years ago

I would be inclined to agree with Ryan, I don't agree the grey blends in. It is an eye sore but then again they aren't concerned about Design and were probably trying to get it to stand out. Maybe they could of tried a very subtle bluey/grey?

6. girly_girl09 profile image72
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

I don't care what it looks like as long as it will make me more money. big_smile

All my content appears to be smart priced right now(I believe this is due to the fact that I kept revamping my personal blog and jacked up my ad views, which lowered my CTR - I've seen this happen before!), but when my clicks get back to normal in a few days, I'm sure this new format will help!

7. waynet profile image50
    waynetposted 7 years ago

The key thing though, the color design of the ad blends in to every hubpage, even the sidebars are the same color!

Different shades of grey relate to the whole sites design!

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I do agree that if it has to be any colour other than white, grey would be it. It could look worse, but I still prefer white. Irrespective of earnings.

1. waynet profile image50
        waynetposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah me too....there used to be top adsense earners who used to say that really ugly looking adsense ads were the best thing to add to your webpages....but now I think that's changed a lot!

working