Scream - I'm Stuck

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)
  1. raisingme profile image77
    raisingmeposted 13 years ago

I just spent two hours plus putting together a hub and I was almost finished when.  I went to change a picture in a photo capsule and it would not let me delete the one that was already in there.  And now the screen has just gone white - I can see my hub but it is faded and I can't save it or change it or access it in any way.  What is up with this?   Any ideas?

1. Polly C profile image90
      Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That happens to me sometimes, usually I have to come away from hubpages and go back in, then it's all fine.

1. Polly C profile image90
        Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It will probably still be saved (the bit you'd done before the photo)

2. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That happens to me all the time.  It seems to happen more if I've already moved the picture capsule up where I want it, and then try to change the size.  It happens less (if at all) when I edit the size of the picture before moving the capsule up.

I'm almost afraid to tell you this, but I what I do I hit the "back" button.  Then I'll get the "are you sure...  you may lose stuff"   message.   What happens (at least for me) is whatever is already in there gets saved as unpublished draft.  Then I go find it in my account and edit it.  Most of the time, everything I have is there.  Sometimes the one picture capsule I was doing will be empty, so I'll have to re-load the picture.   (If, by any chance, you try this, do any editing of a new capsule while it's still on the bottom).   

One thing I think is worth noting is that I write my text into Word Pad and copy and paste them.  If you've written y our text directly into the text box on the Hub, you may want copy it before trying what I just said.

P.S:   I want to reserve the right not to be held responsible if any disaster happens.   hmm   smile

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
      DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had that happen to me today for the first time.  I was using Firefox, because IE does not want to upload the photos--it just sits there "thinking" for several minutes.  Usually, Firefox uploads the photos in a very short order.
      Tonight, however, Firefox apparently crashed on me, and I had the white screen.  I mean it was WHITE--not grayed-out or faded--plain blank white!
      Maybe I just had too many other tabs open???

1. Lisa HW profile image62

I use Firefox, but I always get the thing where I can see the Hub "underneath" the white.

4. johan_malmo profile image60
      johan_malmoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Log out and back in after a while. It seems to be "hanging" there and nothing works. Not to worry smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Raisingme, refresh the page. That's all required.

Edit: then go back to the capsule, delete the capsule and reinstall a new capsule. smile

1. Lisa HW profile image62

That's never worked for me, but  I've never tried working IE.  I wonder if that makes a difference?  Do you use Firefox or something else, Cagsil?

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
      DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That did not work for me.  Refresh did nothing; I had to resort to Ctr+Alt+Del !!!

3. raisingme profile image77
    raisingmeposted 13 years ago

Thanks all, I followed the advise and I'm saved, Lord Almighty I'm saved - just threw that last part in there for Cags.  Seriously you people are the best, there is no where else on this planet that one can scream for help and have people actually respond - and with real help too!  Love it here. big_smile

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is a glitch in hubpages at the moment . It is very slow and not saving pictures. Don't worry you will have all that you saved before the picture intact. I just got through this whole mess and  decided to finish my hub later when the net is faster.

1. sugz profile image68
        sugzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i had that problem earlier, i always refresh pages when they don't work, i'm glad to hear hub is beign slow though.. i just thought it was my computer faking sleep on me again.. have already taken the side off it.. tiem to install a bigger harddrive and stop beating it to speed up a bit haha

and i agree raisin... everyone on hub is so nice and it's impossible not to love bein here.. i'm addicted! i was gona go to bed 2 hours ago,, its already after 1am.. and its friday! lol

4. SharonO. profile image57
    SharonO.posted 13 years ago

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! You people just saved my writing and my mind...lol.
    God bless,
    Sharon

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)