your opinion please

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)
  1. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

this post is not promotional and you don't have to check my hubs.But i need your opinion on my improvement. Let me tell you about my hub tour at first.I joined hubpage 2 months ago. I had no idea about residual income, article marketing, blogging or writing content. I thought it to be place to gather all my favorite writing. So I copy pasted some of the articles I loved and created few hubs.Hubpages marked those as duplicate, deceptively tagged, substandard......Then I studied and discovered what should I do here. I deleted my duplicate hubs and started my new tour.I have improved my hubscore from 7/17 to around 60 recently.My hubs are now fresh.I am active in forum,i hop some hub everyday and leave comments.I am getting follower and also following others.My question is why i am not reaching the 75 hubber score mark?What may be the reasons? I have found out some.Do you agree?
    ~I have used copyrighted photo.
    ~I have used some copy pasted lines, only a very few though.[hubpages didn't marked my hub as duplicate.]
    ~All my hubs go through preview by the admin before publication.
    ~I have two photo hubs which are completely copyrighted as i didn't took those photo.Don't flag those please, i will delete those my self.
    ~my hub scores are 78,70,70,70,68,68,68,64,64,63,62......58 but i get only 3-10 view everyday in total.
    ~My English is not so good

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

honestly i dont know how hubscore works and so i am last person who can give any suggestions..experienced hubbers would help...

2. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

~ i had to delete many hubs

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i can only suggest from what i do..first of all when i write hub it is normaly of length of more than 500 words and 600-700 average...after writing the hub,i go for spell check..once that is done i post on hubs..i am active on forums because i like it..occasionally i do answer questions..when i like some body's hub i comment on it...

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Usually, author score below 75 are because of problems with substandard content, especially duplicate content copied from elsewhere.

saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It should not be applicable for me now, I think i am suffering for my earlier non sense. You see my hub score are improving everyday as those are alright.

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Try to contact them, briefly explain the problem, request a review.

team@hubpages.com

5. lrohner profile image70
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I agree with WE--low author scores are usually the result of duplicate or substandard content.

You didn't ask for this advice but I'm going to give it anyway. I did read through some of your hubs, and while your English isn't the best (as you pointed out), some of it isn't horrible. But a lot of it is bad enough that I just can't even understand what you are trying to say. I would suspect that if you started using proper punctuation (a space after every period, for instance) and ran your work through a grammar checker like the one available in MS Word, the quality of your work would drastically improve.

thnx a lot, i didn't even know this rule of punctuation.

6. timorous profile image80
    timorousposted 13 years ago

Maybe it would help to have someone who speaks English well, to review your hub articles, and make corrections before you publish.  This would help readers to understand the message you're trying to convey better.

Best of luck, saleheensblog.

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In my humble opinion, you just have to be patient and work diligently on the improvement. Do not delete if you think there is a potential in your work. Rewrite it, save it, let it stay, come to it again at different time in different mood, read it, check, double check everything and then publish it. After certain period come back and add something valuable to it and republish it. That's what I am trying to do. Sometimes it is very hard to find the right words, even if you have a perfect story (you think) to tell. English is not my native language either, but I feel like I have to use it to tell people what I think and how I feel, and hope to be useful sometimes to somebody with my stories. Don't expect too much, but don't feel discouraged, HubPages usually never put you down without a reason. And don't expect miracles in two months. Just work on that!

thank you for your encouraging words and tips.

2. saleheensblog profile image61

thnx for your kind suggestion. But i am afraid I don't have a friend to help me.

7. jstankevicz profile image72
    jstankeviczposted 13 years ago

Looked at some of your hubs. The hubs on home gardening and prevent hair loss have lots of content, graphics and inviting to look at. I think the grammar is hurting you. Try to copy each paragraph into MS Word and run the grammar checker. Or just Google grammar checker and use one of the free tools. If you improve the punctuation and spelling, your hubs will do better.

thnx for the tips

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)