jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Feed back for first month

1. tthudium profile image60
    tthudiumposted 7 years ago

I started hubpages about a month ago, and have published 4 hubs. These hubs have generated almost 900 views. I have made almost a dollar with Adsense and Amazon. I just want to know if this is very advanced for the first month. thanks for posting.

P.S. I stopped writing hubs , and writing in the forums for 1 week, and during last week, I gained 3 fans and 300 views.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 7 years ago

that's really good, its great i think,many people start getting clicks after few months and writing tons of hubs. 3 dollar first month is very impressive from my point of view, now look for what those great hubbers say.

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

I would say that you are doing fine. smile

4. Petstrel profile image67
    Petstrelposted 7 years ago

You're doing way better than I am. I should promote my hubs somehow to get views smile

5. wilderness profile image98
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

I think you're doing just fine.  My first month I earned a fabulous total of $.02 lol

I will say, however, that you will wish you had written more.  As the hubs age and gain traffic you may well kick yourself.  I tried to write one per day for as long as I could, earnings or not, traffic or not.  It lasted for 50 days before other events made me slow down, and I'm sure glad I did it.

6. CollegePrepU profile image62
    CollegePrepUposted 7 years ago

I'm just about finishing up week 2 here and I have to say that things get better with time...even a week's time!  Last week I had about 5 hubs with traffic around 80-90 views.  Now, I have 10 hubs with over 300 views, so that whole "age" thing seems to be key here.  So far I have a grand total of .01 in Adsense earnings, but I'm still plugging away thanks to many of the experts on here that say the earnings/views get better the older the hubs get.

Wilderness...what would you say the difference is from the 1 month mark to where you're at now?  Traffic, earnings...etc...?

1. wilderness profile image98
      wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

At the one month mark I had about 20 hubs with 600 views for the month.  I will make my 10,000th view next week.  Earnings have risen even more rapidly (it takes a big percentage increase to make $.02 into anything meaningful at all lol).

Note that in the early days of any hub all the traffic is from HP and earns nothing as a result.  Only as the organic traffic sent by google, bing, etc. begins to come will you find readers that will click an adsense ad.

It sounds like you're doing well.  Don't give up, and don't quit writing because it seems slow.  My views total goes up 20-30% each week according to the HP email, and I certainly don't produce 20% more hubs each week!

1. CollegePrepU profile image62
        CollegePrepUposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I noticed.  Just within the past few days I've gotten over the 75 Hubber score and I'm starting to see Google, Yahoo and Bing traffic.  Not much, but it's starting so that is encouraging.

Our main website is getting a major makeover right now, so I have time to write here.  Hopefully I won't get pulled away from this place once it's back up and running! wink

Thanks for the reply!

1. wilderness profile image98
          wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Keep an eye in "traffic sources" as to the percentage of total views that come from HP in each column.  It will get more interesting with time as the percentage goes down first in "one day", then "7 days" and so forth.  To me it was an indication of success - my hubs were drawing more and more organic traffic.

Have you signed up with not only google adsense, but google analytics?  I also found the map there encouraging as it slowly turned green everywhere but Africa.  Still haven't cracked that one much, and probably never will.  But it's fun to watch!

1. CollegePrepU profile image62
            CollegePrepUposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have an analytics account, but have never used it for hubpages.  Maybe I'll look into that today.
            Thanks!!!!

2. tthudium profile image60
            tthudiumposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I have have connected my adsense, amazon, and analytics account to hubpages.
            Do you think that ebay will work any better?

working