jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Adsense vs Analytics

1. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

While I have had a few clicks in the past that pay nothing according to adsense and/or analytics, I am now getting nearly a click a day (that's a lot considering my meager number of clicks to start with!) that shows up on adsense but not analytics.  Analytics simply doesn't acknowledge them at all - they never happened - while adsense includes them, and their value, in it's totals.

I assume we are paid from adsense, but current figures are only "estimates" until the end of the month.  Can I expect adsense to suddenly "lose" these clicks at the end of the month?  Or is analytics somehow wrong and I will be paid more than it shows?

2. rmr profile image87
    rmrposted 7 years ago
    1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I've seen that - I just don't understand it all!  It sounds like adsense numbers control earnings, but I was hoping for confirmation.

Thanks for the reply, though.

1. rmr profile image87
        rmrposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If I understand correctly, it just means that Analytics can't record clicks from users that have cookies blocked; so the adsense numbers are more accurate.

As far as your adsense numbers being an estimate, I think that refers to the fact that Google has to verify that all of your clicks are valid before they pay you. If you've inadvertently clicked one of your own ads, or there is some unusual activity, those clicks may be removed from your total. I don't usually check my revenue on Analytics, but the numbers on my adsense report are usually right on.

working