jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Title Question

1. profile image0
    Donna Ferrierposted 7 years ago

Good evening,

I have kind of an interesting question about hub titles. Sometimes I title a hub, but then think of a better title later, so I change it, even though the link to the hub still reflects the old title? Is this a bad thing? Or should I just republish the hub so that the link title and the hub title match? Or does it matter?

Peace,
    Donna

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image85
      schoolgirlforrealposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I do that all the time big_smile

2. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 7 years agoin reply to this

If you find better title you can change the title of hub.Sometimes it is better and some times not

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

There is no reason for you to delete the hub, simply change the title. The fact that the two are not identical is not a problem, as long as both the title and URL are representative of the contents of your hub.

3. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 7 years ago

you should keep what you originally titled as it will be a reminder for each subsequent hub...although I do wish the capability to rename URL's...

1. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Keep dreaming for the capability of changing URLs. lol

As for the topic...

Title should be keyword/tag related or specific. Your URL should also be keyword/tag related or specific.

Your content should also be keyword/tag enriched, so as to gain the most benefit from your hub.

If you think up a title when you create the hub, then it also becomes your URL. However, you can change the title, but you should still have a title that is keyword/tag related or specific.

There should be enough keywords/tags within your content which is directly related or tied to your title.

I hope that helped.

1. profile image0
        mtsi1098posted 7 years agoin reply to this

So much for a dollar and a dream...

yikes

1. profile image0
            mtsi1098posted 7 years agoin reply to this

good advice though...