jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Get a load of this....what is your interpretation?

1. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Hubbers,

Check out below:

You own the information you provide on the SMS.ac Network under this Agreement, and may request its deletion at any time, unless you have shared information or content with others and they have not deleted it, or it was copied or stored by other users. Additionally, you grant the SMS.ac Network a nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, assignable, sublicenseable, fully paid up and royalty-free right to Us to copy, prepare derivative works of, improve, distribute, publish, remove, retain, add, process, analyze, use and commercialize, in any way now known or in the future discovered, any information you provide, directly or indirectly to or on the SMS.ac Network, including but not limited to any user generated content, ideas, concepts, techniques or data to the Services, you submit to Us or on or through the SMS.ac Network, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or to any third parties. Any information you submit to Us is at your own risk of loss as noted in this Agreement.

The above is a part of the TOS of Fanbox.

What's your take on it?

Personally, I'm not sure it? lol lol lol lol

1. lorlie6 profile image88
      lorlie6posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hmm, I don't think so, Cags-I got one too and think I'll find a better way to 'confirm our friendship!'
      smile

Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Always the wise a$$! lol lol

It's nothing to do with me. lol

1. lorlie6 profile image88
          lorlie6posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't saying it was you, I got a message in the mail that one of my other Hubber friends wanted me to 'confirm our friendship.'  Her photos are apparently in FanBox.
          I decided against it!
          Sorry if I wasn't clear...I see I wasn't!

Hey Laurel, no need to worry. I didn't think it had anything to do with me. I only said that, because you didn't reference the what the post was about. lol lol

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Welcome back Cagsil smile as for that TOS tongue well, they can make a profit if its good and give the owner nothing in return? it's not fair @ all. Its legal robbery neutral

Thank you Dame Scribe. Always a pleasure to see you. And, I'll agree. It didn't sound good to me either.

3. Dolores Monet profile image91
    Dolores Monetposted 6 years ago

It just sounds like they can do whatever they want.

4. Randy Godwin profile image92
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

There is a stink going on at AC because Yahoo bought the site and is posting articles submitted to AC on their Yahoo! site and stealing the page views from the AC writers.

The TOS AC utilizes has been interpreted to mean Yahoo can even use Display Only content as well as the exclusive content AC pays upfronts for.  The Yahoo! site out ranks AC so the page views do not count on the writer's page view totals.  I think AC is offering $5.00 for the difference!  Phew!   

Since Yahoo bought AC there have been many problems because of this TOS interpretation.  Beware all TOS agreements no matter where you write!

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So true, wrote there 11/2 years just signed in again yikes

working