99 showed up today on my avatar-care to comment?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Denise Handlon profile image87
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

Wow, I was surprised to see the number 99 smiling out at me this afternoon.  Is 100 waiting in the wings?  This was an unexpected surprise, because for the life of me I have not been able to 'crack' the code of 100. 

Most people say that it doesn't really make much difference what number shows up on the avatar screen, however, when I see some writers consistently have a '100' score branded to their avatar's, I know it means something.

Reading the work of these folks make it even more clear that their hubs are useful and well written.  I try to learn from those who have successfully made it to this 'magic' number.

For me, I will admit: I would like to see that '100' flash at least once while I'm a member of the Hubpages Community.  smile

1. ecoggins profile image90
      ecogginsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! No doubt use deserve it and the 100 will come right around the corner. Amazingly enough, I received my first 99 today too and it feels great! In fact, I just logged on to the Hangout to post the same milestone. Sooo, here's to you! Here's to both of us! Hip Hip Hoorah! Hip Hip Hoorah! ;-).

Denise Handlonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cool !    cool

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

good work Denise. it looks like you have a good set of hubs.
    I'm sure the 100 will follow soon. it's funny how that silly 100 can make a grown adult excited.. but the first time you see it, you will feel like a kid. you'll find someone to tell right away.

Yep...that's me, feeling like that kid who got the brand new bike...well, almost, LOL.  That's why I was compelled to post my feelings here--I'm telling...                Thanks.

1. travelespresso profile image69
        travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats DH.  Well deserved too!

Thanks Travel.  I appreciate your comments/ support.  smile

3. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Good job! smile

Thanks Cagsil.  I know it seems kind of silly, but, hey...I guess that's why I'm at this website writing.    smile

4. timorous profile image81
    timorousposted 13 years ago

It's because we love ya Denise big_smile  Oh..and your hubs are very well written, and striking a chord with many people, I suspect.  Add your participation in the forums (even the Sandpit), and you're sure to hit the big 100 very soon.  Way to go!! smile

Thanks for your support   smile

5. MPG Narratives profile image60
    MPG Narrativesposted 13 years ago

99 is a great feeling and 100 ... well you'll know soon. Well done Denise, well deserved big_smile

Thanks... you're right.  I did it.  lol

6. Money Glitch profile image63
    Money Glitchposted 13 years ago

http://i25.tinypic.com/29ql636.jpg You're now on that magical number of 100. 

I've hit the 98 overall hubscore before, but for some reason that magical number of 99 and 100 seems to elude me. smile

Again, http://i44.tinypic.com/10wl7cz.jpg

Wow  Cool dancing buggers!  Thanks.  smile

7. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Congrats, your author score is now 100! YOOHOO!

8. Denise Handlon profile image87

Thanks everyone.   Yes, I just got the news this morning.  Woo hoo.

9. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

whoop whoop - seen your 100

i got my first 98 today- just two more- i know its a rather academic thing- but does it make you feel proud?  yes!

You're right...it does make me feel proud and Yes only two to go for you.  I know you'll be here shortly.

10. seanorjohn profile image71
    seanorjohnposted 13 years ago

Congratulations. It is a fantastic achievement. I honestly think I would have a heart attack if it ever came my way. I wonder if it has an effect on who follows you. I suspect it does. However, I have to admit that although I read hubs, I am reluctant to follow hubbers with 100 in case it is viewed as latching on to success. That is me just being silly. This can only bring you good fortune. Well done.

Thanks. I appreciate your congrats.  Interesting and very different take on the 'not following anyone with a 100'.  How about this...when my lofty 100 drops back down into the 90's , as it surely will at some point, you can follow me then, ok  lol

11. profile image0
    markbennisposted 13 years ago

Congratulations if it was me I would be well chuffed, it goes to show you are doing something right, well done.  wink

Thanks Mark.   smile

12. Denise Handlon profile image87

Thanks everyone for the congrats and support.  smile  Still feeling warm and fuzzy.

13. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Congratulations on the 100 Denise! smile big_smile

YAY! I'm off to post it in the "dollar" hubber thread. smile

Thanks for doing that, Ray.   smile

14. Money Glitch profile image63
    Money Glitchposted 13 years ago

Wow, you are doing great Denise! You still have that magical 100 on your profile.  Way to go!
    http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party0003.gif

I know, MG--I'm totally dumbfounded and amazed!  I purposely stayed up till after midnight to watch it 'roll over'   LOL   but, thus far it has not.  Now it's 2 a.m. and I am dog tired, so I am going to sleep.   

Thanks for more party guys... HA  lol

15. donkeyz1 profile image60
    donkeyz1posted 13 years ago

Congrats! I am having a hard time getting mine up. Not exactly sure how to, other than reading other hubs and commenting. Have a good day!

Thanks.  I appreciate the congrats.  I see your hub number is at 34.  I'm going to check you out.   You have a good day as well.  Thanks.

2. Denise Handlon profile image87

Donkey--would you like some constructive criticism regarding your statement: "i am having a hard time getting mine up.  Not exactly sure how to ... "    ???

Let me know and I will tell you what I think.   Otherwise, I will hold my opinion to myself.  smile

1. timorous profile image81
        timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are so naughty, Denise big_smile

What can I say?????  you're right, but that's a whole other story...
          I actually was attempting to be helpful, not critical when I asked him that question.   smile

2. donkeyz1 profile image60
        donkeyz1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sure! I'm at 41 now, slowly getting up there...

OKAY    meet me at your hubs.    smile

16. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Denise you have been on 100 for a while ..congrats... its just a small dip you will be back at 100 by end of day.. i am sure,... best wishes!! ((hugs))

thanks.  I sure hope so.  But, here I am at 96.   (why can't my weight peel off like that?   LOL

17. Denise Handlon profile image87

Hey, today I noticed that I am back at 99.  Wow, here we go again....   lol

1. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Frustrating, isn't it?  Every time I have been at 99 I have wintered why - it has been in times of slow traffic, few comments.. But there it is, for no apparent reason.  And then it goes down, again for no visible reason.

I really wonder if HP income share has a bearing on it?  We'd never see that it happened, so it could make sense?

Have no clue.  It is a mystery to me and I am still trying to 'crack' the code.

18. timorous profile image81
    timorousposted 13 years ago

Wheeeeee!  Isn't it a fun, perpetual roller-coaster ride? big_smile

lol  lol  Yeah, like the thread, "last one to post is a winner!"   What a hoot, I'm now 'down' to 97 again.   smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)