jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

"You have 1 request to answer" - I have answered it, hubpages!

1. pjdscott profile image75
    pjdscottposted 9 years ago

A few months ago I received a request from a hub friend to write a request (I am not naming it - this posting is not self-promoting). A couple of weeks ago I finally  answered the hub by using the exact title, adding content in the recommended way and publishing. Part of my reason for publishing was to check whether it affected my hub score - my highest is 96 and I would love to make 97 with the possibility of appearing for a fleeting moment on the hubpages login page!

My problem - whenever I log in, hubpages gives me its usual cheery "Welcome back pjdscott!" and then tells me "You have 1 request to answer". When I click this request, it gives me the title I already answered!

What do I do? I don't want to "ignore" it, since it may affect my score.

All suggestions are most welcome, thank you. It may be an error n my part, or a glitch in the system, hence my posting in this category.

2. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 9 years ago

Hiya!

Go to this link:

http://hubpages.com/my/requests

It should bring up at the top the requests directed to you, just click the option to remove it from your list. big_smile

pjdscottposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi gamegirl and many thanks for your response and link. Will do this and hope it does not affect my hubscore!

best wishes,

PJD

3. DJ Funktual profile image80
    DJ Funktualposted 9 years ago

I used to sweat the hubscore too.   One thing I learned is that once you reach the mid-90s, you have already arrived.  You will fluctuate between 97 and 93 for a while.  Keep tweaking your old hubs and get traffic from outside of hubpages.

4. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 9 years ago

removing the request's lead-in won't harm your hubscore any darlin'. smile  It will stop that nuisance request to answer thing.

DJ, by the way, still working on your request, it's shaping up into a whole "History of the Influence of Music in Video Games" type hub, though.  heh

1. DJ Funktual profile image80
      DJ Funktualposted 9 years agoin reply to this

WOW!  I am SO EXCITED.   Thanks Charlotte.  Can't wait.   I thought it'd make a great hub but I don't play vid games anymore. 

I had to stop after my unhealthy addiction to TECMO BOWL.

5. pjdscott profile image75
    pjdscottposted 9 years ago

May I interrupt this love-in between DJ and gamegirl and thank you both for your encouragement and support!

DJ - I'll get working on some inbound links to my hubs - have also got some more ideas.
    GG - that's a relief to know that cancelling the request won't affect my score.

All the best to you both!

6. Maddie Ruud profile image81
    Maddie Ruudposted 9 years ago

In order for HubPages to recognize that you've answered a request, you need to click the "answer this request" button, rather than simply starting a new hub in the normal way.

pjdscottposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello Maddie,

Thanks for your response - I did click the "Answer this request" button and didn't even have to enter a title for the hub. That's why I thought it curious that hubpages didn't recognize the fact...

working