jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Adsense on all sites using my PC (I cant explain)

1. world of the wise profile image25
    world of the wiseposted 6 years ago

Hey, i have a little problem. When i use PC, i can not see adsense ads while on other computes i do. I have enabled Java  Script but it is now working still. It happened after i formatted my Pc. Please help, how can i make adsense ads to show on my pc again

1. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Host file may have been changed in your system. My friend had similar problem after changing host file.

world of the wiseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So what can i do now, how can i  solve the problem

2. world of the wise profile image25

Is there someone to help solve my problem?

3. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

First, download another browser - Firefox, Safari, Chrome, it doesn't matter.

If the ads show there, it is a setting in your other browser.

If not, it is at the network level.  DNS or a firewall is blocking this.

world of the wiseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have downloaded another browser, but nothing have changed, it must then be the DNS or a firewall . So what can i do to make them right, more help needed

1. Pcunix profile image88
        Pcunixposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If you have a firewall on your pc, disable it.

Change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS).

4. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Are you sure you want to advise someone to disable their Windows Firewall?

Yes.  The point is to find out where his problem is.  If he finds out it is the firewall, he can investigate farther. If not, he can reenable it.

5. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Glad that was clarified smile
    There may be newbies reading here who think it is a good thing to do when in actual fact disabling your firewall should only be done very short term while you are attempting to correct a fault. Otherwise your computer is lying wide open to an online attack.

Not entirely true. Most of us have hardware firewall routers, which filter incoming traffic.  Depending upon what you are using internally, it can be redundant.  Not that redundancy is bad and not that a pc firewall wouldn't help protect you from your local lan and vice versa.

However, these firewalls are also often a source of interference.  Shutting them off momentarily can narrow the problem. If nothing changes, he can turn it back on and try changing DNS.

6. thisisoli profile image54
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Its more than likely just some ad blocking software.

7. world of the wise profile image25

Thank guys, i did somethings which i do not remember and one of my pc's is now showing the ads. I did not touch the DNS but remember like turning fire wall on and off. But it has failed with the second pc. Let me keep trying

working