jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

What Are the Worst Mistakes Hubbers Make

1. angela_michelle profile image92
    angela_michelleposted 6 years ago

What are some of the things that annoy you when looking at low quality hubs?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is a good question.

Probably the worst mistake is not understanding the system and the rules.

If those who are interested in becoming involved, take a time to actually READ-- faq's, learning center, and other hubs that have been posted-- they will do much better.

Lack of patience is the biggest mistake. A little study and homework helps, too.

1. K9keystrokes profile image91
        K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Super good answer RF! I also think that many new comer's don't use the comment and forum section enough. These are a wonderful way to enhance your HP experience, and learn from veteran hubbers

2. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

a rant on a controversial topic and then no comments capsule - and if there is a comments capsule, deleting comments they don't like or getting on their high horse with comments

1. Tarin profile image57
        Tarinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What topics are controversial to you so I can write a hub on it and get 15 million views from Baileybear?

3. Barbara Kay profile image87
      Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Poor English and spelling all the way through the hub. I can forgive writers that don't speak English as their main language, but others drive me crazy.

2. DrumsAcousticMuse profile image72
    DrumsAcousticMuseposted 6 years ago

i definitely made the mistake of not participating enough on my old profile. with this one, i'm trying to start off right!

3. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago

"What are some of the things that annoy you when looking at low quality hubs?"

What annoys me is thinking "I published that and now I'm going to have to write it all over again".

1. Denise Handlon profile image86
      Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

???  I don't understand.  Why would you rewrite it?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
        Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Because when I look back at previous writing I think I could have done it better, or have made howling mistakes.

4. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

This may not be a 'worst mistake' but, it is a pet peeve of mine. 

When I take the time to read a hub, comment on it in an intelligent way (not just superficial fluff) and receive NO acknowledgement for my comment.  It blows my mind!

So, after checking a few times, if there is NEVER a reply (b/c people do get busy)  I just delete the idea of following them.

working