jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

URL of someone giving me a negative comment

1. Izzy Anne profile image53
    Izzy Anneposted 10 years ago

Can I trace the URL of someone giving me a negative comment on my Hub-page?

2. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 10 years ago

You must mean IP address.

And why bother?

If you don't like the comment, delete it.

If the comment crosses the lines of decency and has legal implications then report it to HubPages HQ and let them sort it out.

3. Izzy Anne profile image53
    Izzy Anneposted 10 years ago

How stupid of me.  Of course I meant the IP-address.  I am so totally new to all this that it is frightening me.  My friends keep telling me how much they enjoy my writing about everything and anything and so I thought I could try this and become a millionaire wink.

Thanks, I did not think one could and I am sure the admin does not have time to respond to each person complaining about a negative remark or a few extra thumb-downs.

4. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 10 years ago

The best way is to deny the comment if you don't like it.

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Or accept it.

Sometimes a bit of controversy is a good thing. big_smile

5. profile image0
    Lisa Bargerposted 10 years ago

I agree with the others.  Just delete it, don't let it bother you and move on. :-)

On the other hand . . . negative comments can be a great learning tool.  Some comments are just snide or meant to be hurtful and there's not much you can learn from them but sometimes a critique will help you spot weakness in your writing.  Maybe your idea wasn't clear enough; maybe you went too far off-topic for a reader to follow you; maybe your grammar needs a brush-up. . . you get the idea.  Learn what you can from criticism and don't let it get to you. :-)

working