jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (20 posts)

I accidently deleted my text capsule with the whole article in it

1. marisuewrites profile image60
    marisuewritesposted 9 years ago

Can I get the text back?  This was a hot hub of mine and I hit the delete button accidentally on the text capsule when doing some editing....sniffle

2. marisuewrites profile image60

it had 384 page views and now it's gone!!!

1. ProCW profile image82
      ProCWposted 9 years agoin reply to this

what is the hub address? Nevermind... smile I found it...

here is a cached version of your page... at google

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:S7 … &gl=us

1. ProCW profile image82

FYI... that would be a great article title smile "I accidently deleted my text capsule with the whole article in it" maybe remix it some... "What to do if you accidentally delete your article!" ... check Google's cache smile

1. weblog profile image49
          weblogposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wow...Such a hub can be a tribute to Google's Cache system!!! big_smile

3. marisuewrites profile image60

You guys are so smart and I bow to you and the Google Gods....I have now restored my article.   yeaaaaaaaaaaaa

4. DJ Funktual profile image88
    DJ Funktualposted 9 years ago

Happy for you Marisue!

5. weblog profile image49
    weblogposted 9 years ago

It's really nice to know, here...I also never thought google cache can be used this way!!

- Siddhu smile

6. marisuewrites profile image60

Man I was sweatin it and thinking"  Now why didn't I save this work of genius    (teasing about that part)   LOL  we type and think it will always be there and then, one click and boom  it's gone into cyber space...

whew!   Thanks to you guys for helping!!!   I hope this will help someone else....to all of us "too quick clickers....slow down!"   haha

1. weblog profile image49
      weblogposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it will be gone in few seconds. I think you missed to notice the warning (confirmation before deleting the capsule)

7. marisuewrites profile image60

Yes, I thought I was clicking on one thing, and clicked on another.   OOps.

8. compu-smart profile image83
    compu-smartposted 9 years ago

Good news marisuewrites:) and Good job ProCW:)

1. ProCW profile image82

big_smile Thanks! I'm glad it was in Google's cache for her to recover. Otherwise, that would have just been awful for her!

ProCW

9. marisuewrites profile image60

I'm still shivering.  No one likes to loose what they write and you just can't re-create.  It's never the same!!!

1. ProCW profile image82

smile I can relate! smile

Don't worry though... it was there for you to recover. So when are you going to write the article on losing it? smile

ProCW

1. marisuewrites profile image60
        marisuewritesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

....you Know I should...I should be able to tell them what NOT to do.  I really appreciate the quick response from this forum....It saved my article   AND my attitude!!

1. ProCW profile image82

big_smile Who you callin' a computa geek? big_smile big_smile

10. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

If you haven't already rebuilt your hub from the google cache, we can probably restore it for you.  Email us the original URL or title at team@hubpages.com and we'll see what we can do.

11. marisuewrites profile image60

thank you so much, it's nice to know that's possible.  I was able to retrieve it from Google Cache though,  so it worked out ok.   You guys on hubs a super...I got help right away in thie forum!!  wow  what a great bunch of people!   (not to mention a few neat computer geeks)

12. marisuewrites profile image60

and what would we do without them?  I wish I were one.  I only push buttons and click.

working