jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Questiion about Amazon

1. prairieprincess profile image97
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

I've been wondering about something ... if I was to start listing second hand books on Amazon, and then advertise those same books in my hub, and someone bought my second hand book, would I get paid for that click, even though it's from second hand source, and not from Amazon directly?

Thank you!

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I thought I'd seen something about this before, but can't find it.

You could try posting this question on the Amazon Associate discussion boards and see what they say?

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Amazon doesn't pay you for clicks. It pays you for sales. And yes, I believe you would get a commission on the sale, but you would have to double-check Amazon's TOS to see if they pay commissions on your own products. I really have no idea.

prairieprincessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Irohner, thanks ... you're right, I should have said, will they pay me for the sale. Good idea .. I will have to research their TOS. thank you again...

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would definitely look into it closer, because I know you cannot buy stuff using your own referral tracker - so maybe they have a rule about that?

I would be tempted to sell the directly in any case. Why give Amazon a cut if you are referring a sale?

prairieprincessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mark, I guess what I'm wondering is if it would be a conflict of interest to advertise the very books that I have for sale on Amazon, as a second hand seller, and if the books sold second hand on Amazon count as sales for an Associate?

I've been reading through Amazon's TOS but I haven't seen any mention of this issue.

I wonder if anyone has done this before?

thanks again!

3. Aya Katz profile image86
    Aya Katzposted 6 years ago

I think you get paid by Amazon in many different capacities: as an Amazon associate, as a seller, and even as a copyright owner of books they print through CreateSpace.

I just recently sold one of my books through Amazon on one of my hubs. I'm expecting to get both the commission and my royalty.

4. thisisoli profile image54
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure it's fine to do what you want, doesn't hurt to check though.

working