jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Amazone

1. Kami Dear profile image53
    Kami Dearposted 9 years ago

To fill the form for affilation with amazone what url shuld be entered

A) Own site / blog

B) Hubpages

c) Other
                    Tell me about this as i am new to hub

2. Inspirepub profile image80
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

Read the instructions!

Pink sticky thread.

1. thranax profile image34
      thranaxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, way to vague for a new member.

2. Kami Dear profile image53
      Kami Dearposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean by " Pink sticky thread"

3. Isabella Snow profile image87
    Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago

If you're going to order a newbie to read something, show them where it is. If you'd done that the first time you'd told her to read it, she probably would have read it by now.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/4668

Not to mention, there *isnt* a pink stickie in *this* forum, nor is the pink stickie visible from the main forum page. And, many people don't even know what a stickie is.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 9 years ago

But I get what Jenny is saying. I told Kami to read the FAQ and she ignored it and kept asking questions. The forums are getting filled up with people asking questions that are answered in the FAQ, never mind the "sticky".

1. Isabella Snow profile image87
      Isabella Snowposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This is not just about Kami. This is about hubbers who get annoyed by repeated questions, tell people to just 'read the stickie', and then get even more annoyed when another question is asked, cos that person never saw the stickie. That stickie is not in plain sight unless youve just opened the help forum. I had to go looking for it to post that link to it.

If people are so bothered by these questions from newbies, it takes far less effort to just post a link, than it does to type a message telling someone to go read it -- and you have a far better chance of getting them to see it that way, too.

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image76
        Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If these questions really bother people, it takes even less effort than what Isabella suggests to simply ignore the questions.

2. Kami Dear profile image53
      Kami Dearposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Madem,
                  I know that the Faq is very usefull but as i am a new huber i want to ineteract with the good people like YOU and Others>

5. Isabella Snow profile image87
    Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago

So true.

6. crashcromwell profile image80
    crashcromwellposted 9 years ago

I agree with Isabella. I've been on this site for six months and I'm still feeling my way around. There's a lot to digest.

7. Inspirepub profile image80
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

In the "Help" forum, the first thread is pink, instead of grey like all the others.

It is "sticky", which means it sticks at the top so you always see it first when you go to ask for help.

If you read the thread (which is just one post) you will find a list of official HubPages help pages and Hubs written by Hubbers answering all the questions that newcomers are likely to have.

It actually says "Read before posting!" in the title of the pink thread.

Jenny

8. Kami Dear profile image53
    Kami Dearposted 9 years ago

Welldone again Jenny!
                                      It is realy hulpfull for me so i am going to become a FAN of yours
                                      thanks!

working