jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

Adsense is a wild card lately :( :)

1. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 6 years ago

November has become a record month for me. However, my statistics are all over the place. It seems my CTR is going to extreme lows lately. Why is this happening? Of course, I had a great day the other day, but then another day will be the polar opposite.

I know adsense can be all over the place, but this is ridiculous. If this keeps happening, then revenue will not be normal consistency. I do not care if its above par, but at this rate, its going to be below par because the CTR has been bad.

1. profile image52
      fjkhluiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

1. Mikeydoes profile image76
        Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I try not to worry about it, there are always more hubs to be made. The more hubs you make, the less you will worry about the hubs you are worrying about now. 191 looks like a very solid base, I'm sure you will be fine.

Plenty of money out there, you just have to take it.

David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah this is true, but I always worry about my potential.

I don't understand how I can have had such an awesome day the other day, then the following days CTR drops.

Yeah, I guess in the long run I should not worry. Maybe the holidays are influencing CTR for the better and worse.. hmm

1. Mikeydoes profile image76
            Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lol, I wish I knew man. I don't know anything about this site. All I do know is that the more traffic the better. If you aren't getting views it is probably your keywords(not ssying it is your problem, but it is mine on several hubs).

I honestly have exploded over the past 2 weeks, and it is all because of hubs that I just made. I feel I could have done much better had I spent more time and also used better keywords(and used them properly, because I am still learning)

Like I said, this month has been great, but some of the the days have had horrible CTR even with good traffic. I am getting below average CTRs (click through ratios)

I am just afraid the trend of bad CTR will continue lol. No matter how much your making in revenue, it will always be better if your CTR is higher.

2. drperetz profile image54
            drperetzposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Definitely the holidays.

2. Susana S profile image90
        Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd suggest thinking about how to trigger more relevant ads on your hubs. I had a quick look at your latest hub about Black Ops and the elevator strategy and the ads are for stairs lifts (triggered by the use of the word elevator so many times). Of course no gamer is going to be interested in ads about stair lifts.

3. Mark Knowles profile image61
        Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Adsense is only "all over the place," if you look at a small sample. I wouldn't think of drawing any conclusions from less than 100,000 page views. I made almost 3 x on Monday what I did on Thursday, but - the average is slightly up and "normal consistency."

2. vanchen profile image84
      vanchenposted 6 years ago

Don't know if this has been said before, but I've heard the hubs about video games get the lowest CTR.

I've written a few video game hubs (as I see you have) and they all received decent traffic but never much money.  Gamers don't tend to click ads I guess.

Maybe, but this does not explain some other days. I just hope the future does not end up having less than average CTR.

For some reason Sunday was a very good day in regards to PPC(pay per click). The CTR also was not that great, but not as bad has it is now.

I do not care if I have a super high CTR, I merely want an average one.

3. Richieb799 profile image60
      Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Don't worry, I have slipped 2-3 page ranks on Google for my best hub which was 2nd on 1st page, I'm just fighting those competitors and keeping faith, hasn't slipped this far in 6 months hmm

4. jokeapptv profile image61
      jokeapptvposted 6 years ago

dont give up.

5. Pcunix profile image88
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I have been doing Adsense for 7 years.. There are always ups and downs.   Good days, bad days.

You look at months, not days. A good or bad day by itself means nothing.

Yeah, I just wish I knew the variables that make those awesome days and horrible days.

Honestly, I would rather have average days then having super good days/super bad days. At least then it would be easier to piece together, but adsense does not generally work that way.

Looking forward to December, will receive my check. (seems to be high enough over 100 even if estimated earnings are less)

6. Richieb799 profile image60
      Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Hey Pcunix, don't you seem to get a few bad days due to rank slips? it sucks lol
      Good news I just got a high value click, need £1.30 to reach my target for Nov by morning lol

1. Pcunix profile image88
        Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't pay a lot of attention to little ups and downs in money or rank.  You can drive yourself nuts chasing squiggles.

7. profile image56
      maidmarion9posted 6 years ago

I suppose its just like us, one day we feel fantastic, another day we feel a bit off!  The ups and downs of life!

working