jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Is the Amazon Quick Link Widget installed on Hubpages?

1. Peter-Jan Celis profile image57
    Peter-Jan Celisposted 6 years ago

Hi,

In the Amazon Associates affiliate backend they teach a way to make quick links after installing a "linked widget". Does the Hubpages code have this widget functionality included? (I assume there is no way to add it to our profile ourselves.)

Thanks.

See text from Amazon below.

==================

Add Quick Linker Widget

After you install this widget to your blog or Web Page, you can quickly and easily link to relevant Amazon.com products as you write your blog posts or update your page content by including custom HTML tags as you type. Your Quick Links will have your Associates ID automatically included. Learn more

* Harry Potter
              o Links to Amazon.com search results page for "Harry Potter".
        * My favorite hero
              o The link reads "My favorite hero" and points to a search results page for the phrase"Harry Potter".
        * My favorite hero
              o Links to a search results page for the phrase "Harry Potter", but only in the Books category.
              o View a list of valid Amazon.com category attributes
        * I love this item
              o The link reads "I love this item" and links directly to the specific Amazon product with Amazon id (ASIN) "B000012345"

1. darkside profile image79
      darksideposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No.

1. Peter-Jan Celis profile image57
        Peter-Jan Celisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.

Just discovered we can grap links easily on each Amazon page (when logged in to Associates).

Somehow I did not notice this before - this is even better than the Quick Link Widget.

1. darkside profile image79
          darksideposted 6 years agoin reply to this

When you're on a product page just copy and paste the entire URL and use that.

HubPages will automagically strip everything except the ASIN/ISBN and you're good to go!

working