How Have You Changed?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (33 posts)
  1. profile image0
    3 Finger Readerposted 13 years ago

Are you the same person you were as a child, or much different?

1. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was never a child.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. sofs profile image76
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey you still are a kiddo Shuvo smile

smile smile neutral  neutral  sad  sad  big_smile  big_smile yikes  yikes  wink  hmm  tongue  lol  mad  roll  cool

2. waynet profile image70
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, my balls have dropped!

Being serious though, I suppose I'm the same as I ever was, always prefer to laugh instead of cry hahahahahaha!

3. Sunnyglitter profile image82
      Sunnyglitterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've changed the way I handle things, but inside, many of my thoughts are still the same.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I don't feel I've changed a lot. I'm still cynical, opinionated and never shut up!

you started typing before you was born

3. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

Changes in life is inevitable. One has to learn how to welcome it.

4. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 13 years ago

I am still a child. Well, at heart, anyway big_smile

5. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

If you knew me when I was a kid, took a few decades off, and then decided to get to know me again. You would be shocked by how much I have changed, and, I keep on changing with every day.

The only things that have not changed about me from when I was a little kid, is that I am still a picky eater. I still like going to amusement parks and fairs, and I sometimes watch cartoons in my underwear, and enjoy a good bubble bath. But everything else about me has changed.

I should mention the writing thing. I have been writing since I was in Grade School, and I still love to draw in my spare time. the kid and me come out every once in a while...and I get STOOPID!

6. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

I am more of a kid now then I was when I was a kid hmm

I am a lot happier now then I was then, more self confident too. I had a pretty messed up childhood tho, it required me to be pretty adult and handle stuff kids should not have to handle. Folks used to say I was 10 going on 30, now I am in our around my 30's and going on 10!

7. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

I haven't changed at all... I just have more money now to buy better toys!

1. tobey100 profile image59
      tobey100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was gonna say the exact same thing and I'll tell ya what....it ain't a bad thing not to have changed.

8. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Change...
    I used to be very temperamental and unhappy for no reason.. ..cynical and unbelieving and hard to please..
    wow man how much I have changed.. I am just the opposite now..
    I laugh all the time.. it is rare to see me unhappy or cynical..
    I just love life and live it like today is my last day.. !!
    Life is so much Fun now!! smile smile smile smile smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

9. Anesidora profile image59
    Anesidoraposted 13 years ago

I'm a couple of feet taller, and maybe just an inch or two thicker. wink

Other than that, in some ways I haven't changed a bit, in others I'm worlds different, and in still other ways I've done full 360's.

I think I would say that the biggest difference is that I'm no longer lost and powerless. Still, those extra inches are damned annoying.

1. profile image0
      L a d y f a c eposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

10. profile image0
    L a d y f a c eposted 13 years ago

I'm pretty much the same person, minus that I know a lot more, understand a lot more and see the world in a completely different light... but I think that comes to everyone who ages. I still maintain a lot of my childhood hobbies, my ice cream flavour is still the same, and I still love pink lemonade, but now I add rum to it. big_smile

I think personal evolution is generally inevitable.

11. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I'm very much the same "me" I've always been, but it's as if I've been building more and more layers of understanding and knowledge on top of, or around, what was once not knowing much of anything about too many things.  (Guess that's why that call it the "inner child" - although, in my case, that child isn't all that "inner" either   lol ).  (I'm a lot taller now, so that comes in handy.  smile  )

As it does for most/all people (and those lucky enough to ever have had an innocently happy childhood in the first place), life has brought loss with it; so I don't have that same innocent kind of happiness and sense that my world would always kind of just stay the same that I did as a child or even teenager.  Happiness when you're a grown-up can still be happiness, but it's a different kind.  On the other hand, in spite of all the innocent happiness I had in so many ways as a child, I wasn't completely happy to be a child at all.  I wanted to be a grown up from a pretty early age.  Now that I am, there's a whole other kind of happiness about being grown-up.  THAT makes up, in a lot of ways, for the thing about having some losses to have had to deal with, and to live with.

BUT, all in all, I'm very much that same kid and happy to be able to say that.   smile   (Besides, now that my hair isn't being set on little tiny, pink, rubber curlers each night by my mother, I like my hair a lot better now.   lol  )

1. Anesidora profile image59
      Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Layers of understanding and knowledge.."

Yes! That's what those extra inches are! Thank-you! I feel so much better now.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, see that?  There's nothing like seeing any extra inches for all the "wonderfulness" that they are, right?   lol  (Gee, I wonder if I can think up a better way to view my own primary, life-long, concern - this challenging hair that made my mother think she could make it better by turning it into fuzz balls for school every day.  Honestly, no child should be made to go to school looking like that! lol )

12. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

WOW what a great question!   I changed from my perfect little girl that life changed and yet over the past few years found my way back to that wonderful little girl and am doing what I was created to do.  It's great to remain the same and grow in a healthy manner.  Peace smile

13. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...well, no doubt i've changed...but kept all the good things....as a matter of fact for the first time in years I climbed a tree last weekend....climbed up about 10 feet....was trying to get a really good picture with my camera...so up the tree i went big_smile....surprised myself when i realized what i did after...but you know i just did what came naturally.....it's good to know, i still have it in me.....big_smile

14. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

I've changed tremendously, and I plan on changing more and more.. To better myself.

15. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

I have changed alot since I was a child. I was a mean little girl and liked to fight alot and acted like a boy. I loved to play football.

16. KristenGrace profile image61
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

Sure, I think I've changed, but I think we all do... I grew up, I lost people I loved, experienced personal. national and global tragedies... With experiences like those, we all change, if even slightly.  I've become more sympathetic and empathetic.  I see a lot more gray and a lot less black and white now.
    But certain philosophies stayed with me from my childhood... And that I'm thankful for smile

17. profile image0
    3 Finger Readerposted 13 years ago

As for myself--

I've changed a great deal. I was a lot shyer, certainly more quiet as a child then I am now. I had tons more patience; as an adult I'm almost obsessed with time and timeliness.

I used to be a lot more confident, too, and as an adult I've found that my confidence is shakier--I don't think that's the usual way these things go--aren't you supposed to gain confidence as you get older, rather than the reverse?

When I was girl, I wanted to be a doctor. Never thought for a moment that I wasn't capable of doing whatever I set my mind too. That changed sometime in middle school.

18. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Ive changed drastically over the last 8 years, very in touch with reality smile

1. camlo profile image83
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Richie, did you always have that bird on your shoulder, or have I only just noticed it?

19. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

No, I havent changed, I have just got more experienced. wink

20. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 13 years ago

I get the feeling I'll never 'grow-up'. No - I haven't changed a lot. But I have got better at most things, and always enjoy learning something new.

21. brandonhart100 profile image74
    brandonhart100posted 13 years ago

I'm definitely not the same I was.  Experiences shape who you are as an individual.  A 3 year old's brain is twice as active as an adult's brain and from 3-12 is when your social development is most crucial. 

During that time period, and even after, negative and positive experiences that related to friends, colleagues, and rivals have made me who I am today.

I believe this is why we are all so unique, because our enormous collection of experiences define who we are and make us who we are and no one else is exactly like us.

Children, in some ways are very much like each other.  Although some are more genetically disposed to certain talents, the most important part of a child's development is those early experiences of training and socializing (whether positive or negative impact).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)