jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Why is Hubpages a spelling error on Hubpages?

1. brandonhart100 profile image82
    brandonhart100posted 6 years ago

Right now I see two spelling errors in my title and both are associated with hubpages. (three now)

I know when I'm typing in word I can "add a word" to the list of dictionary words that won't count as misspelled. 

Anyway to do this with hubpages?(four)

It's right time it be added to the "official word" list.

smile

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

You are kidding right?

HubPages is always going to be an error, because it is actually two separate words.

Hub Pages - it is put together for "business" name. When you refer to HubPages.com is the time you put it together. When you are talking about writing on HubPages.com, you should by all accounts separate the words into two words.

Writers do not write HubPages. They write Hub Articles, which are Pages.

1. kirstenblog profile image74
      kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I actually get that red underline thingy every time I write out hubpages, op just happened there! lol wink

I have trained my brain to blank that one out. I figure if someone were to search for the term hubpages that is how they would likely type it, search terms are different from writing IMO. big_smile

2. brandonhart100 profile image82
      brandonhart100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

@Cagsil

All this was said in jest; however, HubPages refers to themselves as HubPages (one word).  When I write about them I and every other Hubber refers to them as HubPages.  I do create a hub page.  But when I ask someone to subscribe I don't write them separately, I put them together.

3. 6hotfingers3 profile image59
      6hotfingers3posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! I've been careless with the usage of the term Hub Pages . Now I know. It pays to read the forums. You just might learn something new.

3. Richieb799 profile image61
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Yeah I can see what Cag's saying, I mean if you were going to write Coca Cola you would'nt put it 'CocaCola' even though its put together on the can's thats a logo.

Right but Coca Cola is two words.  HubPages is one word by the company's definition.

4. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

I agree with OP - its a shame the spellcheck doesnt learn, and using Hubpages as one word is appropriate the official name of the company is "HubPages, Inc" the site is "HubPages.com"

An individual article is a "hubpage" by my book - but I just call them articles since most readers have no idea what a hubpage or hub is and will never be searching those terms with this meaning.

not sure where this concept of two words is coming from Cags - but I def would disagree.

Good to see you are on board with my OCDness about spell checkers! smile

5. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

lol, and so it begins

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Sunforged- tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Enough said. tongue

working