jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Google TOS Violation

1. profile image0
    Lweinbergposted 7 years ago

Has anybody else got Google ads disabled for getting too many clicks? I got a violation, because I got too many clicks or something. How does THAT work??

2. SandyMcCollum profile image71
    SandyMcCollumposted 7 years ago

I did once, I had to email Google and the website the ads were on and it took like three days to get it all straightened out. Someone tried to 'help' me make money and clicked on all my ads once. If this happened to you, take the good advice someone on here offered to me. Tell people you make residuals, not by ad clicks, because all too often people will try to help you make money.

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Google is pretty accurate at detecting click fraud.

You might consider reading the TOS(terms of service) for Google Adsense, and while you're at it, read the TOS for HubPages.

The ads were disabled by HubPages Staff. Google might have identified your hub for click fraud? I don't know.

But, if you're getting too many clicks by many of the same IP addresses then there is a good possibility there is click fraud.

Just a thought. The best thing to do is contact Staff- Team@HubPages.com

1. profile image0
      Lweinbergposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks guys. Problem is I work at a big office that has one modem so 1 IP address, I'll contact hubpages. Thanks for the advice!

1. IzzyM profile image90
        IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

How do all these people who work in an office get away with using the company's time to write hubs??

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
          Uninvited Writerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

lol

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

The ads were disabled? Do you not mean that your AdSense account was disabled? It would be highly unusual for HubPages to disable ads because of click fraud, I think.

1. profile image0

The adsense account was disabled. I just emailed hubpages at Team@HubPages.com...and had emailed Google adsense as well.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That is what I thought. My guess is that HubPages will ask you to take it up with Google. Good luck!

1. profile image0

Thanks for all the advice guys! I'm just gonna keep Hub-ing, and hope everything works out!

working