I am asking these question of educational curiosity and nothing more.
1. How does someone write a good quality hubs with proper capsules and right copy writing skills under 30 minutes? Mine takes way longer. I have seen many quality hubs by fast Hubbers and some not so great ones too.
2. For those of you write 1-3 hubs a day and that too good quality ones, how do you stay motivated? Are you using some methods that makes it quick editing?
3. How come some Hubber with 0 hub can have many as 40-50 followers? I assume that generally people follow other hubbers if they like the topics and way they write.
4. I have been told by someone and few people join only to take part in forum, that seems bizarre to me, is that true?
1. Writing a good quality hub takes work. People who do it easily have spent years writing other things, become educated by many things.
2. It's easy to stay motivated when one is seeing the fruit of one's labor. It is also okay to stay motivated when you can see that you will eventually earn. Of course, it is difficult to stay motivated if one sees no response to what one is doing. Then one must just do one's best to learn as fast as possible. Doing this requires knowledge and expetise and there is a learning curve. We all go through it.
3. Because some hubbers are followed because they have interesting or nice things to say on the forums or they help other people. Not everyone minds if they don't have hubs.
4. Yes, some people do only join to take part in the forum. It's not bizarre. It's just what they like to do! Most people like forums to a greater or lesser extent because one meets people who have similar interests.
You are one of the person who I think writes quality hubs quickly. Thank you for detailed answer.
Thank you Cookingdiva, but not really. It's one of those things that I will do a 10 hour day and no one sees the actual work I'm doing! However, some do go faster than others. It depends on how familiar one is with the topic one is writing about!
1. I agree with Sophia Angelique, I believe writers have developed this manner of qucik thinking, it's like when they see a particular subject, they can easily create stories about it. I guess they are aslo aware of "continuity" of the story thing..
2. I agree again with Sophie, many things motivate me to write. my monthly submission of articles to a pet magazine is motivated by my love for my dogs, and my concers to the local dogs in our country.. In hubpages, I like it because it challenges my flexibility to write, and I like it when fellow writers post their comments in my hubs, the last thing that motivated me is the first dollars that my hub earned thru adsense, I mean just by doing my hobbies, I am earning unconsciously
3. Forum helps a lot for a hubber to gain followers... I myself participated in the forum quite late so even if my hub is more than 50, there are hubbers whose hubs are less than 50 but 100% higher to me in the number of followers
4. it's the other way around for me, I was only active in my hub and some followers...it took time for me to finally decide to join some forum which I think made me unpopular (LOL)
by smw1962 5 years ago
How old are you? I'm curious about the average age of Hubbers.At age 50, I'm curious about the average age of the writers on HubPages. Can HubPages and sites like it be a good way to supplement retirement incomes?
by JessBraz 4 years ago
Hello everyone!Quick Introduction: I'm Jessica, from Ontario.. been a member of Hubpages for three years (though due to lack of time, writer's block, frustration, procrastination and if I'm completely honest with myself; laziness. I haven't always been very active on Hubpages.. My dedication seems...
by Marina 3 years ago
On Friday we rolled out a way to quickly solicit feedback on Hubs that aren’t Featured for quality. If you have a Hub that is not Featured, all you need to do is click on the link at the bottom of the email you received. Clicking the link will post a brief message to the Improving Your Hub Forum...
by Don Bobbitt 13 months ago
It looks like a fourth of my feed lately is comprised of new people wanting the rest of us to tell them how to write. All day I get request after request for help on passing the Quality Assessment. I mean Really? Many of your requests are just one step above being a jumble of mis-spelled words...
by Modern Lady 6 years ago
How do you stay motivated to keep writing on HubPages?How do you deal with burnout?
by PicturePerfectPet 4 years ago
I'm curious about another site called Bubblews. I've seen it mentioned quite a few times, and would like some feedback about it. Particularly how it compares to HP. I have not signed up on the site yet, and don't want to waste my time doing so, if it's not something I'd be real interested in.What...
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|