jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Comments settings.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

Hi-
      I thought I remembered seeing a setting somewhere for comments to NOT display until approved, but now I can't recall where I saw that...provided I was not hallucinating...

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Edit your hub, then edit the comments capsule.  There is a checkoff box there.

No hallucinations.

DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............ so it is not global, but hub-by-hub???   
        Grrr...that's inefficient!  HP, are you listening??

;-)

1. saleheensblog profile image60
          saleheensblogposted 6 years agoin reply to this

nah, there was a overall setting, perhaps in edit profile section but i can't find it.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image97

AND it's apparently not retroactive...the comment I have not approved yet is still showing up. 

(grumble, grumble...)

Well, thanks, wilderness, for letting me know I was not hallucinating!  ;-)

2. lorlie6 profile image82
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

Hi DzyMsLizzy-First of all, did you get what you wanted for Christmas?  On to your question, then.  There are both 'accept' and 'deny' buttons next to each comment, and if I'm not hallucinating, if you click 'deny' it doesn't appear.

Hi, lorlie6,
        We had a very nice holiday, thank you.  I hope you did as well!

Yes, I am aware of the 'approve' and 'deny' buttons... but I thought I remembered reading somewhere that "your hubs are currently set to display all comments..."  with wording along the lines of "whether or not they have been approved,"... and an option to change it so that comments awaiting approval/denial would not show.

I know I've posted comments on hubs that have not shown up for a day or two as they showed up on MY end as "awating approval." and they were not visible on that hub either...while other comments I made were visible immediately...

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

My Account > Comment > Filter

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 6 years agoin reply to this

opps, wrong.

Wilderness gave the right info.

working