jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

adsense ads in rss feeds

1. anasshad profile image75
    anasshadposted 6 years ago

can we put google adsense rss feed ads in hubpages rss?
    if yes then how

1. simeonvisser profile image87
      simeonvisserposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so, I've never seen it here. All you can do is enter your Google AdSense affiliate code and you can include any RSS feed in a hub. But I don't know of options to enable ads in your RSS feed.

1. saleheensblog profile image62
        saleheensblogposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You can't use any RSS. Linking to the same domain in the body of the text AND in an RSS feed is overly promotional. Only any HP RSS is allowed.

1. simeonvisser profile image87
          simeonvisserposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Oh, is it? I thought you could use any RSS feed but apparently not. Learned something new smile Makes sense though because it could indeed become overly promotional that way.

Exceptions: "Links to well-known Web resources which you don't have any personal interest in (like Wikipedia, news sites, encyclopedias, open directories, etc.) are exempt from this limitation."

2. lrohner profile image81
          lrohnerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

This is wrong. You can use external RSS feeds. The whole intent here is to not create "overly promotional" hubs, and having an RSS feed that links to a site outside of HP does not necessarily constitute "overly promotional."

If I included a feed to my personal blog on every hub -- overly promotional. If I included two links to my blog in a hub AND an RSS feed to the same site -- overly promotional. I have a hub on figure skating jumps that links to a figure skating RSS at the NYTimes -- NOT overly promotional.

Read this:  http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

It says: "Purely promotional offers and Hubs designed only to promote other sites or businesses are not allowed." Now, I'm trying to promote figure skating -- not the NY Times -- so my RSS feed is fine.

It also says: "Links to well-known Web resources which you don't have any personal interest in (like Wikipedia, news sites, encyclopedias, open directories, etc.) are exempt from this limitation."

It's all about "intent" here.

Yes I know it and I have already read the FAQ smile I meant it too just forgot to mention the "Links to well-known Web resources which you don't have any personal interest in (like Wikipedia, news sites, encyclopedias, open directories, etc.) are exempt from this limitation." part.

Thank you for the clarification.

2. saleheensblog profile image62

HP inserts all the coding for the ads, you can't control that.

working