jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Hubs Length

1. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 6 years ago

Many of my hubs are 500-1000 words. (some more) I do,however, have some that are 350-450 or so. Is that still okay? Some individual hubs simply do not need any more words.

1. warchild75 profile image41
      warchild75posted 6 years ago in reply to this

yeah im with you on that,most of mine are 500-1000 but i do have a few short ones but it doesnt seem to have impacted on them.

2. ChuckHuckaby profile image61
      ChuckHuckabyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If my hub is shorter in word length, I try to see if there are relevant videos to amplify the content. One of mine is shorter (for now at least in words) but has a six part video debate... all 6 videos embedded to add to the content value in my opinion.

I try to stay over a 500 word minimum though as a personal target and prefer much more.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

hp recommends 250-1000 is the best size

Nelli Hoxie says hub length doesn't really matter for sales hubs

I prefer 500-2000 words.

David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hub length does not matter for sales hubs..

David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

?

1. WryLilt profile image87
          WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/50840

I have a hub that I wrote to fill a niche on the net when I was looking for answers myself. Since it is basically just conversion information, I found it hard to even make 300 words. Still gets good views though.

3. Tarin profile image58
    Tarinposted 6 years ago

Remember, it's harder to get search engines to crawl a new link then it is to crawl further down the same page.  This is the case for longer hubs even though the title tag is so powerful.

4. thisisoli profile image55
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I try to make most of my hubs at least 800 words in length. While it doesn't have much of an affect on conversion, per say, larger articles tend to organically generate more long tail kewords.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

+1

5. brimancandy profile image81
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

I've never felt that my word count is that important, as I'm sure most are 1,000 or more. I am more interested in putting out a good article. But, I do worry that some of my hubs are a bit too long, so, I make up for that with pretty pictures and videos.

In my opinion, hubs that are just a few paragraphs long seem like whomever wrote them wasn't as interested in writing a good hub as they were in writing lots of hubs for the count. Almost like there was no effort, and I usually skip those.

Heck some of my posts in the forums are longer than some of the hubs out there. But, maybe I am just shooting myself in the foot, for saying too much.

Good question.

working