My New Hubpage Profile Page

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (46 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Susan Annposted 13 years ago

Hmmm...I'm not sure why, but for some reason my hub profile page seems to have gone south.. because my stories and hub activity has moved way...way down on the page. I scrolled all the way down almost to the bottom of my page before i could see them. What to do?

2. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

I noticed that, Susan Ann.  Email the team and they'll look into it! smile

1. profile image0
      Susan Annposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you... I'll do that.

2. profile image0

I emailed the team.... hope they fix the problem! smile

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did you try my idea?

1. profile image0

Have not been able to fix problem...I hope the pc tech's here at hubpages fix it soon!  I'm sure their all high tech programmer's who know just how to mix things up!  smile

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
            Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

did you contact team@hubpages.com? best wishes

1. profile image0

yes, I did...thanks.

3. profile image0

lorlie6...you know how to move things around here...how about you fix my hub page?  smile

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps you are joking. You have not enabled that people can contact you through HubPages, which makes it harder for anyone to offer direct assistance.

1. profile image0

No..I'm not joking!  I sent an email to team@hubpages.com from my home base email account. I have heard nothing thus far. However, I have received an email from editor@hubpages.com, who included lots of advice on how to advertise and make money using hubpages.

If you're saying I need to change my mail settings "here" on the hubs in order to have the hubpages programmers fix the problem with my profile page.... I find that interesting since the rules allow for the hub user to refuse email coming directly from the hubpages.

In any case, your editor had no problem by- passing my settings, and in-fact, their email went right to my home box.

But, if you insist I change my hubpage email settings to allow anyone to send mail to me right from the hubpages...I'll be happy to concur if that means the programmers will please fix the problem on my profile page.

Thank you.
          Kind regards,
          Susan Ann Langford
          Author

1. profile image0

No, that is not what I am saying. I am talking about that you have not allowed other Hubbers to contact you. HubPages staff will always be able to contact you about important matters, provided that you gave them your correct email address when you signed up for HubPages. So Hubbers and staff are two different things. Lorlie is not staff, I am not staff - everyone who has posted here are just regular Hubbers.

If you had allowed Hubbers to contact you, someone might have emailed you and offered their assistance on a voluntary basis, that was what I meant.

1. profile image0

No one here said Lorlie6 is "staff", nor did anyone say you're "staff".
              As far as anyone contacting me to offer their assistance; any hubber, that includes you, can very easily offer it right here in this forum. Is that not why this forum is called the "help forum"?

Kind regards,

Susan Ann Langford
              Author

1. profile image0

Any regular Hubber offering to assist you would have to obtain your password (could be a temporary password) to log into your account and then try to edit the profile. Such information cannot be exchanged in the Help forum. Of course, someone could post here that you can contact them. But why should they invite you to contact them when you have not allowed other Hubbers to contact you?

Also, there are hubbers that would be reluctant to post their offer of assistance to the forum, but who might be willing to offer this privately through an email.

1. profile image0

Not sure why you think some other hubbers would need my password to fix a problem with the website profile...unless, you think someone hacked into my hub profile and re-arranged it some how.  But, even then, the programmers here on the hubpages have the power to fix any profile problem and I wouldn't think they need my password to do that. Anyone can contact me any time they want to: clearthinkingamerican@yahoo.com

Kind regards,
                  Susan Ann langford
                  Author

1. profile image0

You were asking (not jokingly, you say) whether Lorlie might be able to fix your profile. Since she is a regular Hubber, not staff, the only way for her - or any other regular Hubber - to try to fix your problem would be to log into your account and then try to edit the profile. That has nothing to do with hacking, it is quite the opposite, because you are the only regular Hubber with access to your account. So you would have to grant such a person access.

"Programmers" must refer to staff. But again, I was referring to the fact that you asked Lorlie - a regular Hubber - whether she might be able to fix your profile. That would clearly be impossible unless you granted her access to your account.

I advise you not to post your email address on the public forum, which is an invitation to spammers. If you can edit your post, I suggest that you remove the email address.

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Have you accidentally lent on the return key before publishing? Edit the profile again, see if there are spaces below the text, if there is then accidentally lean on the delete key instead. For example, holding down my return key leads to......

That.

1. lorlie6 profile image73
      lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well done, Mr. Churchill!

1. profile image0

No..I didn't lean on any key...my profile page looked just fine the day before yesterday, and that was after i finished publishing it. In-fact, it looked just fine after I published my third story.  I noticed it go down shortly after I clicked on follow some other hubbers. And lorlie6,  you're one that I added to follow.

Kind regards,
        Susan Ann Langford
        Author

2. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol I thought something was wrong with my computer for a second there.

1. Enelle Lamb profile image72
        Enelle Lambposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LMAO! Mine too...that was really good Ryankett!

3. iamalegend profile image61
      iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

brilliant!!!  smile

4. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

Weird...lol

5. profile image0
    cookingdivaposted 13 years ago

Susan,

I think I may know the issue.

Just go in to your profile edit page.

You may have empty spaces after your writing, just delete those and it could be fixed.

On other note, you should let a way of other hubbers to contact you, it may help. Good luck.

1. profile image0
      cookingdivaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Opps, I noticed Ryan has said same thing, as I had not read all the answer. I hope that fixes your issue.

2. profile image0

@cookingdiva, thanks.. I tried that and it didn't change a thing... I'm still at a loss with it.

Kind regards,
      Susan Ann Langford
      Author

1. profile image0

Susan,

I am sorry, i thought that must have been it. I tried.

6. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Susan Ann, with all due respect, I think you have misunderstood how HubPages works. Nobody except staff members can fix a profile without logging into your account. If you thought so, then you are mistaken, that would be your misunderstanding, not mine.

Apart from that, I agree that giving someone your password is not a prudent thing to do unless you have complete confidence in the other person. I never meant to suggest that you ought to do so.

I agree that this discussion should end. If you cannot fix your own profile, you must patiently wait for staff to respond to your email message.

1. profile image0

Dear Website Ex,

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day  smile

Kind regards,

Susan Ann Langford
      Author

1. profile image0

Thanks. Same wishes to you, and good luck!

7. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Susan WE was simply explaining that the help you're looking for can't be gained from asking in the forum. As the issue hasn't gone away, the only help you need is from the HubPages team.

So unless you can figure it out yourself - you're going to have to sit it out and wait until one of them contacts you.

Hope you get sorted and welcome to HubPages smile

1. profile image0

Thanks, Frogdropping! That is exactly the way it is. A couple of times, I have been granted access to other Hubbers' accounts to check on solutions to technical problems. I truly dislike the feeling...

1. frogdropping profile image78
        frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're always welcome WE - I think perhaps Susan doesn't realize that your activity in the forum is centered upon your helping others. But many of us do realize it and I'm sure you've satisfied many a puzzled user since you got here smile

1. profile image0

Thanks again, Frogdropping. I believe Susan knows we are all on her side, and to a degree she doesn't seeem to mind polishing her debating skills, which I admit are excellent.

1. frogdropping profile image78
            frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

*nods* yup.

And I like the way she signs after her posts. I'm gonna start doing that smile

Fuh Rog Dropping
            Resident Amphibian

1. yenajeon profile image71
              yenajeonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha

I want one too.

yenajeon
              Name with Korean Origin

2. Enelle Lamb profile image72

I think it adds character Fuh Rog Dropping big_smile

8. profile image0

And so do I:

Bare Sweetie Minx
    Anagram of Website Examiner

9. profile image0
    Susan Annposted 13 years ago

Just a kind update... I fixed my profile... it now does what I need it to.

Have a nice rest of your day.

Kind regards,

Susan Ann Langford
    Author

1. profile image0

Susan,

Sounds great!

10. profile image0
    Imelledaposted 13 years ago

I just visited the profile page of the OP and there is a big hole in it.

oops, sorry that's what she said in her first post - my bad

Imelleda
    Shopping and Shoe Fancier

1. Enelle Lamb profile image72

I just popped back to say the same thing...guess the Shopping and Shoe Fancier beat me to it tongue

11. profile image0
    cookingdivaposted 13 years ago

Did Susan Leave HP? I no longer see her...

12. profile image0

She did.

13. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Personally I think this thread got way out of hand way too quickly, and it was sad to see a possible new hubber leave.

All she did was ask for help, not an argument.  This is the need help forum so she is more than welcome to post here if she needs help, however only once did anyone post the Hubpages email, and I nearly missed it because of everything else on this thread.

She did misunderstand WE's initial advice, but all it needed was a clarification that staff can send emails directly, but if se wanted help from Lorie she needed to allow contact from other hubbers!

Another user can help a user fix a problem, however I would be wary about giving out, or even asking for account passwords, that is a pretty big issue. To keep a persons account/s secure they should not give out their password to anyone, and instead ask for Hubpages assistance. 

Giving it out to one person might help them solve their problem, but teh next person who asks for the login details might not be qite so trustworthy. But since the password has already been given out once with a benefit, it is much more likely that they will do it again.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)