jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Adverts On Phones

1. andyoz profile image89
    andyozposted 6 years ago

Ok I just tried posting one of my hubs on Twitter.  I have 400 followers so thought it made sense.  Anyway that was an hour ago and the stats have updated and it appears that not one person clicked on my hub.  To check it was working I got out my iphone, went onto twitter and checked my tweet.  I followed the link to my hub. 

When I arrived on my hub I noticed there were no Ads on it.  The Amazon capsules were still there but not an ad in sight.  Anyone know why this is?

2. relache profile image91
    relacheposted 6 years ago
      andyozposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for responding but that tells me nothing.  There is nothing wrong with my hubs, one of them was nominated as a HubNugget last week so I doubt there is anything wrong with the content.

I also tried looking at a hub on safari on my iphone, again, no ads in sight?  This is a serious concern as I have been writing iPhone app reviews, and currently about 60% of my traffic is coming via safari.  If 60% of my readers can't see the adds, then I on to a bit of a loser.

3. andyoz profile image89
    andyozposted 6 years ago

Still wondering about this one?  Anyone know?

4. Pcunix profile image93
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I just looked at one of your hubs using my iPad; I see adverts.

Do you see ads on other people's hubs using your phone?

Nope, no ads on any pages.  The page is setup all differently.  The text and pictures appear, but nothing to the right of that.  So I can't see the profile, related hub etc...  It all looks very neat and tidy but just no ads.

Thats good that you can see ads on your iPad.

1. Pcunix profile image93
        Pcunixposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You are seeing it in some mobile virew mode rather than as a web page, sounds like.

Yeah that is what I assumed.  But does this mean that other people who look at my hubs on their iPhone won;t be able to see my ads?

One of my articles is currently getting massive traffic, but it's a help guide for an iphone game.  So people will probably use their iPhone to look for help articles, i.e my hub.   That's why this is worrying me.

1. Adroit Alien profile image79
            Adroit Alienposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I can confirm your problem. On my blackberry, ads are disabled. I suppose we should wait to see if we can set up an AdMob account or if we already have an adsense, we can opt in. HubPages would also have to work with them in order to implement ads on mobile browsers.

Oh dear, I may have to rethink my writing hubs on iphone apps then, seems a bit pointless if most of my readers can't see the ads.

working