jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)

Is Feb better than Jan?

1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

Unless you heavily target January type stuff, this is a crap month, we have pretty much concluded that. My traffic is just now fully back, eCPM is nowhere near, 30% less at least.

Does anybody here know enough to tell me whether February is any better? Do advertising spends pick up again? Ignoring targetted content, just in general, will a diverse portfolio become more valuable again?

I didn't really have enough content last year to judge, well, it was harder for me to judge because I published lots in December and January.

1. profile image0
      ssaulposted 6 years ago in reply to this

most definitely

2. ImChemist profile image58
      ImChemistposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know , who know the future!!

3. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I dont really qualify as "someone who knows" but wth v-day and all, I would imagine Feb would be better.

1. ImChemist profile image58
        ImChemistposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes you can hope its will be better , but you cant sure if its will be better or not .

1. profile image0
          DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you can never be sure about anything. hope is nice, but plans work better.

2. Bill Manning profile image71
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Yes, in general Feb. will be better. Jan. is too soon after all the holiday shopping and being broke.

Also in general, over all niche sales continue to pick up all the rest of the year until once again they hit a high over the holidays.

People are so predictable. Again this is overall with all general niches. People who have specific niche target hubs and sites will do better or worst.

3. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

people are just receiving their credit card bills for money spent in Dec. I think a lot depends on your targeted audience.

I'm sure the pick up will be slow with some big ticket items, but you never know!

4. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 6 years ago

juhuh

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey? Do you have a disability of some sort?

1. Right On Time profile image62
        Right On Timeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol...I didn't respond in formalised English. Yes I think February will pick up in comparison to January,  as most peoples target audiences will be at home and clicking compared to being on holidays smile

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's more like it!

I wasn't familiar with the term "Juhuh".

1. Right On Time profile image62
            Right On Timeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

juhuh...like as in Friends yuhuh...form of agreement......ehh its 3am in the morning...brain closing down tongue

5. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

I sure Feb is better than Jan....cause January is horrible...sad

6. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

Yes I hope Feb will be better than January in terms of traffic and earnings.

7. emievil profile image80
    emievilposted 6 years ago

I sure hope it will get better otherwise, I checked my Jan. and Feb. 2010 earnings and Feb. earnings was only 75% of my January earnings, hope that won't be the case this year sad.

working