jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Anyone played Blokus?

1. habee profile image95
    habeeposted 6 years ago

We went over to some friends' house last night for dinner, and we played a new board game they had - Blokus. It's super easy to play, with no complicated instructions. It's similar to Tetris. It's really fun! Anyone else ever played?

1. leahlefler profile image98
      leahleflerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I haven't played the game yet, but I was considering it for my son. He's five, but it would be a game we could all play together. It looked like a game adults and kids would enjoy: do you think a 5 year old could play it?

1. habee profile image95
        habeeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Probably, but I don't how well he could play. I think it could be a great critical thinking tool.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
          Rochelle Frankposted 6 years agoin reply to this

My daughter in law is always bringing games when they come up to visit. This is a good one and it doesn't involve keeping a score, as I recall.

2. KCC Big Country profile image89
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Time to write a hub about it Habee....if you haven't already.  I have a boardgame hub and I've sold several games from it. smile

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I agree that it's lots of fun. It's easy to play with all kinds of people and ages. Not as intense or cut-throat as scrabble.

When it gets too easy, which it can - because you figure out the strategy eventually. Sort of like tic-tac-toe. You can just take a square out of play in each of the quadrants. It changes it up.

1. leahlefler profile image98
      leahleflerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

My five year old would probably be able to play it, since it doesn't require reading. He's in pre-K, but has great spatial awareness skills. I'm afraid he'll probably beat me in the first round!

working