I have been hubbing now going on two months with 24 hubs now published. Any help on how they can be improved or how I can improve future hubs?
I am going to critique one of your hubs:
http://hubpages.com/hub/Mobile-Internet … Calculator
1) You can get a better formatted table if you use the table/list capsule.
2) You didn't quite mention that smartphones use more data than semi-smart phones, multimedia phones, or feature phones.
3) You didn't discuss any techniques on how to get more usage stats or warnings. Some carriers allow you to send them a text or call a short prefix to get usage stats.
4) Some smartphones have call "meters". For Android phones there are DroidStats / CallMeter / CallUsage and such, and they measure calls, text, and data.
5) You should use MB instead of "mb". Capital M is "mega" or 1 million. Small m is "milli" or 1/1000th and small b is "bit", large B is "byte". Takes 8 bit to make a byte.
6) Go lighter on the links to smartphones. Your hub is for people who already HAVE phones, not to sell them new ones. It comes across, at least to me, as a bit "promote-y".
7) Why does viewing a webpage on a BB take 5 times more data than a "smartphone"? And where did you get these stats?
It's okay for you to post links to your hubs in this forum, and you might get a better response if you do just that. Why don't you pick one or two specific hubs that you want folks to look over and post the link here.
May posting hubs in forums seem like spam . i suggest you to improve your hubs outside HP.
No. This particular forum, the "Extreme Hub Makeover" forum, was designed specifically for hubbers to come and get help about their hubs. And it is the only forum where it is acceptable to post links to your own hubs to get feedback.
Thanks , may i will publish my hubs here , ok take a look at my last hub .
You should delete that and start a new thread in this forum for your hub.
PCUnix is right, and normally I wouldn't answer your request and hijack someone else's hub -- but I'm going to.
Do not steal content from other websites.
you mean i steal content from other websites? what i steal ! all this hubs are mine work , please don't say this words again.
So then, you wrote this as well?
http://www.innvista.com/health/nutritio … ginine.htm
Ok thanks man! a few links
I've tried to cover a few categories here.
Honestly, I think you've done a really nice job with your hubs. A couple of suggestions though.
- Do not use photos (ever) before your second text capsule. It just robs you of prime ad space. And make sure your first text capsule is long enough to accommodate the large rectangular ad that should show up to the right of it.
- Make sure your hubs have length. The one on family fitness activities, for instance, is less than 400 words. The more you write, the more related keywords you usually (inadvertently) work in and the more you give Google to grab onto.
- Be consistent with your keywords. Once you have researched the right keyword, try to work it into your title, URL, tags, at least once in a section title, in the first sentence and then at least one other time in the body of the text.
Hope this helps!
Thanks to everyone for the great advice here. Irohner the advertising tip is well appreciated. Content is key and I will work on that along with my keyword reserch.
kschang, I can see your point about the promotion side of things why push something when you are giving advice to people who already have the product, also my bit and byte reaserch should have been a bit better. The stats where probably my bad I think I may have mixed up the smartphone and Blackberry, not Good! should have known really my wife has a Blackberry.
Would it be worth my while to join the 30 hubs in 30 days contest?
Thanks again for all the help here.
Marty, your hubs are pretty good (the advice of the more experienced hubbers is great)! I would definitely try to do the 30 hubs in 30 days: group like articles together and then use the google adsense URL tracker for each hub. That way, when you start to generate revenue, you'll know which hubs are the best "earners" and you can focus on that genre.
It always creases me up how people who write on the forums in broken English and then have perfect hubs don't realise that the difference is so obvious!!
by Glen 12 years ago
In the spirit of community sharing and caring I give to you a step by step tutorial on how to make a Table Of Contents for your hubs.If you're familiar with HTML it's easy enough. Just a bit fiddly. The only way to make it easier is if HubPages HQ make a capsule to do it automagically.
by Don Bobbitt 20 months ago
It looks like a fourth of my feed lately is comprised of new people wanting the rest of us to tell them how to write. All day I get request after request for help on passing the Quality Assessment. I mean Really? Many of your requests are just one step above being a jumble of mis-spelled words...
by Liz Elias 6 years ago
One or two of my hubs have fallen victim to the "does not meet quality standards" empty bubble.In one case, I imagine it is because the hub falls under the "purely personal" category, better suited to a blog. That's fine. I can move it. (It's an older hub...
by Mother of Movies and Series Reviews 2 years ago
I have finally published a hub that has been deemed unfeatured. I can only direct my attention to a table I inserted which was long when viewed on the mobile platform. Grammar is checked, titles tweaked, content is solid as its in the same vein as my other articles. Do you think this could be it?...
by Cameron Corniuk 12 years ago
I have relatively simple question.I was preparing a new blog and wanted to add some links into the main article. I tried using simple HTML <a href="url>name</a> to add the links, but then the code showed as well. For editing at home, using NotePad or Word, is there some...
by Glen 10 years ago
Once you've researched, drafted, edited, proofed... and before you've published your hub, you should think about a few things you could do to do it justice and add some extra appeal to it.1) Photo or Illustration? I like at LEAST one image. That way when it comes up in the hub search results it has...
Copyright © 2020 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|