Any help I can get?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Martyv25posted 13 years ago

I have been hubbing now going on two months with 24 hubs now published.  Any help on how they can be improved or how I can improve future hubs?

1. kschang profile image86
      kschangposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am going to critique one of your hubs:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Mobile-Internet … Calculator

1) You can get a better formatted table if you use the table/list capsule.

2) You didn't quite mention that smartphones use more data than semi-smart phones, multimedia phones, or feature phones.

3) You didn't discuss any techniques on how to get more usage stats or warnings. Some carriers allow you to send them a text or call a short prefix to get usage stats.

4) Some smartphones have call "meters". For Android phones there are DroidStats / CallMeter / CallUsage and such, and they measure calls, text, and data.

5) You should use MB instead of "mb". Capital M is "mega" or 1 million. Small m is "milli" or 1/1000th and small b is "bit", large B is "byte". Takes 8 bit to make a byte.

6) Go lighter on the links to smartphones. Your hub is for people who already HAVE phones, not to sell them new ones. It comes across, at least to me, as a bit "promote-y".

7) Why does viewing a webpage on a BB take 5 times more data than a "smartphone"? And where did you get these stats?

2. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

It's okay for you to post links to your hubs in this forum, and you might get a better response if you do just that. Why don't you pick one or two specific hubs that you want folks to look over and post the link here.

1. ImChemist profile image57
      ImChemistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

May posting hubs in forums seem like spam . i suggest  you to improve your hubs outside HP.

1. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No. This particular forum, the "Extreme Hub Makeover" forum, was designed specifically for hubbers to come and get help about their hubs. And it is the only forum where it is acceptable to post links to your own hubs to get feedback.

Thanks , may i will publish my hubs here , ok take a look at my last hub .
          http://hubpages.com/hub/Health-Benefits-Of-l-Arginine

1. Pcunix profile image90
            Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You should delete that and start a new thread in this forum for your hub.

I don't know that , and i cant delete it.

2. lrohner profile image68

PCUnix is right, and normally I wouldn't answer your request and hijack someone else's hub -- but I'm going to.

Do not steal content from other websites.

you mean i steal content from other websites?  what i steal ! all this hubs are mine work , please don't say this words again.

3. profile image0
  4. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Honestly, I think you've done a really nice job with your hubs. A couple of suggestions though.

- Do not use photos (ever) before your second text capsule. It just robs you of prime ad space. And make sure your first text capsule is long enough to accommodate the large rectangular ad that should show up to the right of it.

- Make sure your hubs have length. The one on family fitness activities, for instance, is less than 400 words. The more you write, the more related keywords you usually (inadvertently) work in and the more you give Google to grab onto.

- Be consistent with your keywords. Once you have researched the right keyword, try to work it into your title, URL, tags, at least once in a section title, in the first sentence and then at least one other time in the body of the text.

Hope this helps!

5. profile image0

Thanks to everyone for the great advice here. Irohner the advertising tip is well appreciated.  Content is key and I will work on that along with my keyword reserch.

kschang, I can see your point about the promotion side of things why push something when you are giving advice to people who already have the product, also my bit and byte reaserch should have been a bit better. The stats where probably my bad I think I may have mixed up the smartphone and Blackberry, not Good! should have known really my wife has a Blackberry.

Would it be worth my while to join the 30 hubs in 30 days contest?

Thanks again for all the help here.

1. leahlefler profile image95
      leahleflerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Marty, your hubs are pretty good (the advice of the more experienced hubbers is great)! I would definitely try to do the 30 hubs in 30 days: group like articles together and then use the google adsense URL tracker for each hub. That way, when you start to generate revenue, you'll know which hubs are the best "earners" and you can focus on that genre.

Good luck!

6. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

It always creases me up how people who write on the forums in broken English and then have perfect hubs don't realise that the difference is so obvious!! big_smile

So true, Izzy. Sad, but so true...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)