jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Trouble with appropriate Keywords

1. Garden Goddess profile image64
    Garden Goddessposted 6 years ago

Hello Everyone,
    I have just published a new hub, but I am having a challenging time deciding which keywords/tags would be more appropriate in regards to my content. I believe I have placed my hub in the right category, but keywords are a little bit tricky for this particular hub.

I welcome all tips and suggestions on tags/ keywords and anything else that could add more value to this hub.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Life-is-a-Garde … u-Planting

Thank you in advance.

1. leahlefler profile image98
      leahleflerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Have you used Google's Adsense keyword tool? I would plug in gardening terms, etc. and take ideas from the keywords that pop up. You can always add or change tags over time if the current ones aren't drawing traffic!

Garden Goddessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, I could use a lot of gardening key words or tags, but I am not sure if this would be considered misleading if using those keywords. My content is more on thoughts and life, I just associated that content with gardening, but my hub is not actually about physical gardening.

If I use gardening keywords and tags could it be considered as misleading?
        Would It be more appropriate to use other keywords or tags?  If yes, are there any keywords or tags that you could suggest to be more appropriate for this hub?

Thank you again for your thoughts on this hub.

1. leahlefler profile image98
          leahleflerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmm.. you might try using keywords centered around "inspiration" and "self-help," since you are only using the gardening as allegory.

Thank you for your reply and suggestion, I will give it a try.

2. melpor profile image89
    melporposted 6 years ago

Garden Goddess, just think of what words or short phrases you would type in google search or any other search engine to find information on what you are writing about. It really is very simply. Try it. It works for me sometimes.

Thanks for replying melpor,
      There is only one way to find out and that is to go for it right? smile Thanks for your suggestions. I will try some keywords in the inspiration and self help categories and see how that flies, if all else fails I can always go back to the garden tags and keywords.  At least I will feel better giving it a try.

working