jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)

Why aren't we allowed to use HubPage tracking tokens on WebAnswers?

1. wsupaul88 profile image79
    wsupaul88posted 6 years ago

Just wondering why we can't put our tracking tokens onto a WebAnswers answer?

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Because that means the link will be for your benefit. Which is usually what spam consists of - basically any link that you get something out of posting.

Since it is hard to police exactly what is and what isn't a good or bad, spam or genuine link, all types of referral links are against the rules on webanswers.

1. wsupaul88 profile image79
        wsupaul88posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I see... thank you for the answer!

2. rmcrayne profile image94
        rmcrayneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I see LOTS of links at WebAnswers, and have posted links myself.  My links are mostly to my hubs, but they answer the question in a very good "value added" way. (My user name at WebAnswers is different.) Why write what would be a long answer to a complex problem, when I've already written a hub?

So what happens?  One day one of my answers with links is flagged, and my account is closed?

Maybe, you never know. Depends how WebAnswers changes and whether they get more strict.

Plus, the longer your answer, the higher your quality score, which equals more impressions and therefore, more earnings.

1. rmcrayne profile image94

Where in their TOS do they say you can't post links?  I've only seen it from other WebAnswers members, like you and SimeyC, not actually on the site, but then I only read the basic links.  There certainly are lots of veteran members posting links to helpful sites.

Will look it up for you and see what I can find.

Thanks for your willingness to help.

You may be right. I've heard mention on the site of people being banned for it but this is all I could find:

Links
                  Your questions and answers may include links to other websites over which WebAnswers has no control or responsibility. WebAnswers does not monitor or investigate linked websites. WebAnswers is not responsible for such websites or any damages caused in connection with Your use of such websites.

2. WryLilt profile image89

UPDATE: This post may be what you're looking for, by a webanswers staff member.

http://www.webanswers.com/webanswers-su … ers-0be2c0

Thanks for the research.  Seems they are most interested in minimizing blatent self promotion and spam.  His post is a little "gray", and doesn't pack the same punch as if it were one of the FAQ, or posted in one of the prominantly featured links.  Anyway, I understand what you are saying about longer, original, quality posts vs short post with a link.

2. A la carte profile image59
    A la carteposted 6 years ago

hmm I totally believe what wrylilt says..just don't understand it ..oh well

3. wsupaul88 profile image79
    wsupaul88posted 6 years ago

What about just posing links to this site without using my unique tracking token? Its this ok?

I personally wouldn't risk it - especially if you use the same username. Any links you create to your own work are, in reality, self serving.

However if you do, it's a good idea to not do too many, and mix them up with many other sites.

1. sofs profile image85
        sofsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Great and helpful discussion here! learning all the time.

working