jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)

Could you check my very first hub and critique it?

1. alocsin profile image87
    alocsinposted 9 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm new and have published my very first hub:
    <snipped link>

Could you experts and experienced people take a look at it and let me know what I'm doing right or wrong?

I'm not even sure that I've set up all the advertising widgets correctly, so let me know especially if that needs improvement.

Thanks in advance.
    Aurelio

2. alocsin profile image87

Here's the link: hubpages.com/hub/Dating-Tips-How-to-Meet-Compatible-People

I'm not sure why the original was snipped since it leads to a hub.

3. Jennifer Bowman profile image55
    Jennifer Bowmanposted 9 years ago

It was snipped because on this site you are specifically prohibited from starting forum threads to promote your own Hubs.

Which you would know, if you had read the things labelled "Read Before Posting".

Hubbers don't tend to click ads anyway, so you are better off posting that link in any other forum on the internet, other than this one!

4. Marian Swift profile image63
    Marian Swiftposted 9 years ago

It's very natural to seek out reviews of our work.  But, for better or worse, Hub Pages does not encourage posting of links to Hubs.  They're concerned about folks "spamming" the forums with links, not because they want an honest critique, but to boost their scores.

So, when you write a reply, there's a box at the top of the page with instructions on it, and this phrase is underlined:  "Do not start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links."  The box also gives a link to the Hub Pages FAQ.

My guess is, that's why your link got snipped. 

That said, some Hubbers have suggested a Forum topic be opened up just for reviewing Hubs.  If Hub Pages could provide that -- without inviting massive spam abuse -- it would be most cool.  (But frankly, I don't know if that's possible.)

Hope this helps.

5. agrovertic profile image33
    agroverticposted 9 years ago

You can find your answer here too http://hubpages.com/docs/HubPagesGuide.pdf

6. alocsin profile image87

Sorry Jennifer, that I don't read things as well as I should.  As I said, I'm new.  But that doesn't seem to make a difference to the people lecturing the newbies here.

Which is why, Marian, I appreciate your gentler approach to pointing out my flaws.

Having said that, it doesn't look like I'm smart enough to be doing hubs.  So I've deleted my single hub and am leaving permanently.

If  the forum administrators could delete my forum posts so they don't annoy any more expert hubbers, I'd appreciate it.

Bye all.

Aurelio

1. agrovertic profile image33
      agroverticposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This is not the end for you bro,if you really want to boost your traffic and backlink! register here and see how your traffic and backlink increase and perhaps your article or blog will be in the front page without having asking others to look for your blog or whatsoever this is the link <snipped link>... you will pray for me after you register

1. Mark Knowles profile image62
        Mark Knowlesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

lol

agro - you are just not getting it are you?

The second thing not to do is add affiliate links to forum threads lol

I guarantee this will be snipped big_smile

7. Marian Swift profile image63
    Marian Swiftposted 9 years ago

If you're still there ...

Very sorry to hear that you're leaving.  You are not the first new person to make missteps ... I think we all have.  It's never easy to be new.

8. topstuff profile image60
    topstuffposted 9 years ago

Be polite to new hubbers please

9. Jennifer Bowman profile image55
    Jennifer Bowmanposted 9 years ago

I didn't mean to offend anyone. Maybe I need to use more smilies in my posts.

I wasn't intending to be rude. Sorry to anyone who felt I was.

1. weblog profile image57
      weblogposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You may not be aware, this person has started a thread saying he/she wants to leave Hubpages!!!

2. Misha profile image78
      Mishaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't think you need to apologize - your post was perfectly OK smile

10. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 9 years ago

Jennifer, I think that your comments were appropriate, and not heavy handed at all.

And Aurelio, it would be sad if you decided to leave hub pages because of this incident.

And memo to Agrovertic:
    Wot Mark Said.

11. agrovertic profile image33
    agroverticposted 9 years ago

Hehehehehe sorry guys and i will ensure it wont happen again,MOD snipped it hehehehe

12. alocsin profile image87

Thanks Jennifer for your apology and to everyone else for their care and concern.

I'm sorry for turning a molehill of well-intentioned advice into a mountain of misunderstanding. (And am still hoping the admins can delete my forum post for being much ado about nothing.)

What did you expect from a newbie wink

If you want to read my full act of contrition, check out hubpages.com/forum/topic/6676?page=2.

Otherwise, I'm back and will be restoring my hub soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Aurelio

working