How new are you to Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (52 posts)
  1. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

I want to meet some of our new hubbers and read their hubs, and lately I only recognize a few hubbers.  Who are you?  How long have you been on hubpages?  How do you feel about hubpages? Am I one of your followers?  I will be if you let me know who you are! big_smile

My real name is Karli.  I am a 33 year old mother of a beautiful 12 year old daughter.  I live in South Texas.  I have been on hubpages for 5 months.  I have had one hubnugget.  And so far, I have made over $10, but I'm happy about that $10 b/c I know eventually I'll reach my $100 payout.  I love hubpages and the forums.

1. blbhhdcn profile image59
      blbhhdcnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi! I've only been here for 10 months. And I just get back on hubpages. I laid off for a couple months but now I'm back.  I'm thinkin on what to write this time after been gone for a very long time. I welcome you here.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Welcome Back! smile

1. figment profile image76
          figmentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello to both of you

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Figment, what's up?

@Fluffymetal, I've been here for 9 months now. smile

2. Lamme profile image56
      Lammeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi fluffy ... I'm a mother of 5 and have been on Hubpages for about 6 months, although I didn't start publishing right away.  I think I have 47 hubs up right now, but hope to be adding a lot more in the next several weeks.    I went over and friended you and commenting on one of your hubs wink

2. figment profile image76
    figmentposted 13 years ago

not much... playing around on computer

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've been here since mid January (~6 months, second account).   

24 year old married mother of one.

Just hit $30 and 100 hubs. smile

3. Bammrie profile image60
    Bammrieposted 13 years ago

Hello! I'm Bammrie and I've only been here a few days but i'm starting to get the hang of the website. I've published a few hubs that no longer receive any traffic after their first days of existence. I'm trying to learn the art of SEO and getting large amounts of traffic but it's a lot of information to take it haha. Hopefully I can be successful with you guys eventually!

Feel free to leave me a message anytime. I'm always down for meeting new people!

4. Christene profile image60
    Christeneposted 13 years ago

I'm Christene...also 33 years old and the mother of a 9 year old daughter.  I live in Massachusetts.  I published my first hub on December 30th 2009 and have earned a little over $140 from my hubs so far. smile

5. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Hi fluffy:

I published my first serious effort at hubbing about 6 weeks ago, but haven't seen any earnings yet, and only a few clicks.  It will come.

I've enjoyed HP, both writing hubs and in the forums - I intend to keep on trying until I find the secret of writing a good hub.  If you're seeing earnings already perhaps I'll follow in your footsteps.

Fluffymetalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Its a great place.  If you like to write and especially read, and get rewarded for doing so... hubpages is the place.  The forums use to be more fun in my opinion.  You'll learn as you go.  It's a great hobby.

6. Info Bucket profile image64
    Info Bucketposted 13 years ago

Hi, as you all can see, i joined before 2 weeks and new to Hubpages and i need help from my fellow hubbers. So help me to improve my hubs and support me. Thanx.

7. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

I joined over a year ago...

Do you have anything to say about hubpages that would be inspiring or just helpful?

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Was answering your simple question with a simple answer not enough? hmm

I joined hubpages as many months ago as it says to the left, besides my profile picture.

that's an asshole thing to say sad  I was just making conversation.

1. Pcunix profile image90
            Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Probably just doesn't want you to figure out the hat size code.

lol big_smile

2. profile image0
            ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your comment to Kmackey could easily be construed as an asshole thing to say, since you effectively just said that she didn't say anything interesting or helpful hmm

I may just start the 'What is your username' or 'how many hubs do you have' thread soon...

I could even start the 'What is your username, postcount, hubcount and followercount' thread, in which people would just have to respond with....

<<<<<< see here

8. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Six weeks for me and I think I already am following you. 

If you look over at the icon for any person, it says how long they have been here and how many posts they have  and their hat size (though that part is in code, for obvious reasons )

1. Aficionada profile image79
      Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey, Pcunix!

In case we don't meet again this weekend, Happy Anniversary!  Hope y'all do something great to celebrate.  (Have you written any Hubs on having a long and successful marriage? - 43 years!!!)

Thank you!

Who said it was happy?

No, I'm kidding.  I love that girl!

We're going out for lunch tomorrow and maybe stroll around if it isn't raining.  Just some extra together time.

The secret?  Marry a smart woman :-)

1. Aficionada profile image79
          Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Teehee - Cool!
          Woo-hoo - great secret!  I guess that means there's good hope for my marriage, right?  We're at 32 years and counting.

Hello, everyone else.  big_smile  I don't mean to hijack this thread, and now I'm outta here.  I just wasn't sure how much time I would have in HP over the next couple of days, saw that Pcunix/Tony/Anthony/Larry.... had been here, and wanted to use the opportunity to give good wishes.

I've been on HP for 4.5 months, I think it's great, and I look forward to getting to know many of you thorugh your Hubs and in the Forums.  Bye!  smile

2. Fluffymetal profile image75

yeah, I've bee following you too ( sounds like I'm stalking) lol How do you like hubpages.  I was addicted when I got going.

I am loving it. 

I have a large, long established site that is fairly techie in nature.  I love coming here to write about whatever I want.

yeah its great! big_smile

9. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 13 years ago

I'm so old I've gone grey.

I'm 33 and going grey

10. cindyvine profile image69

But are you crinkled and wrinkled, Fluffy?

i'm cracking and aching

11. cindyvine profile image69

May I suggest some margarine.  It will fill the cracks, oil the wrinkled skinn and when it melts, can be used as a massage oil to relieve the aches.

12. profile image0
    RoyZwamposted 13 years ago

I am just a student who likes to write about all different kind of stuff.

I am new to Hubpages, I have been here for about 3 days I think big_smile

I enjoy hubpages pretty much since it is so easy to make a new hub. I am still checking out all kinds of things, I just found the forum hehe.

No you are not one of my followers, however I am one of yours!

Welcome:D Great to have you here!

13. Sara555 profile image69
    Sara555posted 13 years ago

Hi. My name is Sara. I've only been on Hubpages for 8 days! I have 5 hubs though, you should check them out. I'm hoping I can make some money off my ads but sadly I haven't even made a penny sad Oh yeah, and you aren't one of my followers.

Great work.  I'm following you now. smile

14. figment profile image76

I know there are more newbies

15. profile image67
    CarrieFerlandposted 13 years ago

Okay, I suppose I'll pop my forum cherry for you.

I'm Carrie, I'm 30 years old and I've been on Hub for, what, six days now? I have a 2-year-old son and I've been married to my husband for 7 years as of last week. I recently -- as in, a week ago -- fully resigned from working in a firm (I'm an attorney). Now that all three of us are home together, I'm going crazy and I need something to do. So, I joined HubPages!

I'm still trying to figure out how this website works and what exactly HubPages wants us to publish, but I'm starting to get the hang of it smile

16. ADDHome profile image60
    ADDHomeposted 13 years ago

Three days in, one hub, one follower.  I'ld love to have more, am also willing to follow you.  HI!

17. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Very new...where do I start?

18. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

hi FluffyMetal, I have been here 8 weeks and written 30plus hubs, quite a few on my travels in Scotland. I'm a 56 year old man who is married to lovely Moira and we have a 18 yr old daughter just starting university. I also love it here at HP but am worried about how much time i am spending doing one thing or another. Go to sleep thinking about the next hub and wake up thinking about Amazon. lol smile

19. profile image0
    L.Perryposted 13 years ago

I am very new here; about a week or so. I enjoy writing very much and hope to learn new things here at Hubpages. I would like to expand my range of topics and grow as a writer. I must say there is a lot of talent here!

20. figment profile image76

You know who I am Fluffy... hehehehe

21. ankitkaulmachama profile image60
    ankitkaulmachamaposted 13 years ago

Hi, everyone I joined 10 days back..and I am an engineer..

22. MadelynFinley profile image61
    MadelynFinleyposted 13 years ago

Less than 24 hours. Do I win a prize? smile

23. profile image0
    Lisa Wardposted 13 years ago

About 5 weeks, I think. I am not yet a follower Fluffy, but I will check you out and follow once I have posted this thread. I am a 37 year old married Mum of 1 based in the UK. Similar situation to Carrie in that I quit work as a solicitor to be a stay at home mum. My daughter is now at school, and my hubby at work, so I get to write. I still have a lot to figure out about this site, but so far so good (I think).  wink

24. profile image0
    Lisa Wardposted 13 years ago

I am now a follower! Good hubs.

25. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Welcome to ALL New Hubbers! smile

26. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

http://www.wilsoninfo.com/welcome/welcomeclipart16.gif

27. profile image0
    karthikrajgposted 13 years ago

Although i enrolled almost a year ago, i have been active in this community only for the past week - so still very much a newbie...

I am from the UK and plan to be hubbing on personal development and conscious living (well, thats the plan:) )

Cheers,
    Karthik

28. FuzzyCookie profile image73
    FuzzyCookieposted 13 years ago

Hello there, I joined 3 days back. Have published 2 hubs so far and one more hub is on the way but I may publish it at a later time.

Everything seems good in here and people seem to be friendly..

Cheers! big_smile

Welcome to hubpages

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)