jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

What is XOMBA for? (O_o)

1. Hunbbel Meer profile image90
    Hunbbel Meerposted 6 years ago

I always thought that Xomba is a back-linking website, in which we can write articles, and bookmark stuffs. (POINT TO BE NOTED HERE, BY BOOKMARKING, I THOUGHT WE CAN BOOKMARK OUR ARTICLES, like that of hubpages and blogposts etc, AND MAKE A 100 WORD SUMMARY TO CREATE A BACKLINK)

Am I wrong till now?
    My account is blocked, as I performed the above actions.
    I will give you people the details, but please let me know, ain't the above conception of me, is right?

2. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

I have an account there, and have made around 75 or so backlinks just as you describe.  I also haven't seen much benefit from it and quit doing it - I haven't been to Xomba for a couple of months.

I understand from other forum posts that Xomba is no longer allowing this practice - I rather expect that my own account is blocked now, too.

You might search the forums for "xomba" to see if you can find more information...

Hunbbel Meerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It means that Xomba, prior to these 'changes' in their system and rules, were allowing these type of bookmarks?

But their e-mail, that is sent to me, said that "XOMBA IS NEVER MEANT TO DO SUCH PRACTICES" =/

Forget Xomba, can you please tell me some other GOOD backlinking sites, where I can create bookmarks to my hubpages' articles, to drive more traffic?

3. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I'm a member but don't do much there.  Recently, they've overhauled everything (or else they're still in the process of it).  I'm not all that familiar with some of the changes, but there's a noticeable push toward higher quality writing and original content.  I was pleased to see (I think it was) their blog with an article about writing style/rules and aiming for good writing.  They have a more polished, professional, look now. 

I think you may find info on the whole "overhaul" on their blog.

Agreed to all the above changes to induce higher quality content, but lisa, how the bookmark thing will work then (assuming that they are disallowing the above practice that I mentioned).

People will no more create bookmarks, JUST TO SHARE GOOD STUFF ON THE INTERNET (maybe 1 or 2% internet users will do that). What is your opinion about that?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
        Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In addition to backlinks, Xomba has an ad impression sharing model like that of hubpages. And yes, previously they allowed backlinking your stuff.

Did you check shetoldme for backlinks?

Yes I did. I sent a request for the account activation, and what I got as a reply was out of this world.

They replied, YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN DELETED FOR NO SPECIFIED REASONS.
          I mean, I didn't even have a proper account , how in the world they could delete one neutral

When their help people didn't see your account in their database, they must've thought that it has been deleted. smile
            Customer supports are known for the huge blunders they make all the time.

That's so unprofessional tongue

Well I will try again, because I am in need of some back-linking sites to lure traffic to my hubpages profile.

Apart from shetoldme.com which one will you recommend?

OK, here are a few ways to get easy backlinks:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Get-Easy-Free-Backlinks

This was a great hub. Helped out a lot. Thanks smile

working