jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

I Have ARRIVED!! and I didn't even know it

1. Aficionada profile image89
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

Okay, well, um, so...

Today I decided to follow Brie Hoffman's suggestion, and I googled my screenname + HubPages.  A few hits looked uninteresting, but I did follow up on two, and I got sort of blown away.

Here's the quote from one: 

"N*** on January 1st, 2011 12:36 pm --
    Hi, t***b***w*****, wishing you the best at hubpages. read the income hubs of darkside, misha, mark knowles, sunforged, thisisoli, susana s, rebecca e, marissa wright , website examiner, aficionada, so many, etc. there's one more I like very much, can't quite remember hehehe"

Are you splutter - splutter - splutter - splutter-in' KIDDING me??

Income hub?  when did I ever write an income hub?  Unless maybe N*** was talking about the one-and-only-one I wrote about linking hubs together, which may (or may not) be good for generating income.

And, if N*** had any idea of what my income has been so far to date, s/he would not have been quite so generous in including me in that stellar list. 

Stellar!  Stellar!!  How on earth???????

[Just hazarding a guess, but maybe N*** got my name confused with someone else's?  Where was relache in that list? nelle hoxie? ryankett? WryLilt? PCunix? IzzyM? KristenGrace? Spacey Gracey? wilderness?]

At the very least, I have had my laughter therapy for the day.

Flattered beyond words.

Uh, thanks - truly, thanks-thanks-thanks!  but...

I'm not worthy, I'm not WORTHY, I'M NOT WORTHY!!!!!

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LoL congratulations - like all things, 1% truth and 99% assumption makes everything grow.

And I wouldn't call my own income big - February will be the first month I reached payout in an actual  month!

Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But you are still months ahead of me in earnings!  Unless I can count some earnings that have come about as a result of my participation in HubPages, rather than from the Hubs themselves. big_smile

EDIT:  And actually, technically speaking, you would still be months ahead of me then, but by a smaller margin.

2. Mrs. J. B. profile image61
      Mrs. J. B.posted 6 years ago in reply to this

WOW... I am going to try this right now. I will let you know what happened

3. robie2 profile image91
      robie2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is very cool-- I must give this a try ( although I have a feeling I will end up disappointed)   off to google to see what happens :-)

4. KristenGrace profile image61
      KristenGraceposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hahaha, totally flattered you would mention my name.  Quite curious now after your reading your post here, though!

Oh, I definitely think you have the credentials for writing Hubs about generating income - definitely more than I have, whether you have actually written any or not.  And I know that your page views put you way on up there.  Your name belongs on the list far before mine ever would, although I certainly felt flattered to see it there.

2. Mrs. J. B. profile image61
    Mrs. J. B.posted 6 years ago

I followed the steps to the letter and I was shocked to see my hubs all over google....

3. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Ok tired and fed up of typing etc - I'm off to type me into google. I bet I'm a regular virus around the net smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just for starters, there will be a google entry for each and every one of the 4423 forum posts you have made (except maybe sandbox). smile

Wow - I didn't get far enough to realize that!  Since my name can come up in other contexts (totally unrelated to me), I only hit the first page.

4. Aficionada profile image89
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

@Mrs. J.B. - Thanks for the report!

@frogdropping
    @Robie2

Let us know what you find.  It's fun to do, but sort of shocking at the same time.

working