jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)

Need some inspiration

1. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 6 years ago

I am really feeling low and down right now. I have been writing hubs for over a year. I have more than 300 published hubs. I don't know whats wrong but off late I have been having dismal days in terms of earnings. Amazon earnings are really bad but I am not complaining as I have no product hub. I have earned a total of $16 with Amazon since October 2010 when I signed up for it. I have earned a total of 21 cents since January 2011. With so many hubs I was expecting to do reasonably well with adsense. But off late I have been having a lot of zero or a few cent days. I was expecting that with more than 300 hubs my adsense earnings will start to average out and will certainly earn a dollar or two everyday. But.... I think I am doing something terribly wrong. I am doing keyword research to the best of my ability and understanding. Sometimes I think I am not for this online world. But I don't have any option. I can't get a job in real world as my mother is too ill and no one at home to care for her.

1. recommend1 profile image66
      recommend1posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hey sid_candid - you having a down day I guess.  Things will surely pick up as visits rise with age of hubs - even my poetry hubs in another name written only for my onw entertainment are getting more visits every month than they did in the previous.  With 305 hubs going pure numbers will result in more clicks whatever yuou are writing and flogging.

If you want a source of inspiration nip over to my one hub and follwo the breadcrumbs smile

2. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

Hi Sid, I don't check my adsense everyday, and when I checked it, it is really low right now, the views are increasing and number of clicks is on the average but the amount of clicks is very low.

Try tweaking your hubs, that's what I do check this hub of sunforged
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Get-traffic-with-ON-PAGE-seo and follow the title tuner suggestions if you like.

I hope you find inspiration and I am sure your 300 hubs will catch views soon.

3. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Hi Sidd, don't put all your eggs in one basket(adsense). Write few more product or review hubs. It takes some time to see results from product hubs. AFAIK adsense is going down for many users last 2-3 weeks. I found kontera rolling smoothly with high traffic hubs where adsense is not at all converting these days. If adsense is giving you 0$ day then there is no harm in enabling kontera. Other than typical ad networks you can also try clickbank, performics and linkshare.

Absolutely right - do all that AND be an affiliate to maximise your hub.  Pop over and look at my hub offer

sid_candidposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi recommend,
        Its a great offer but can you let me know a bit more about the offer.

It is very simple really - you can check it out on the site link in the hub.  Register as an affiliate and then put a direct link in your hub to the target site (just one at the moment but should be a new sub-site about every month)

Commission is on sales.

I record referrer ID with any visitor and if they ever buy anything the first referrer gets paid.

I can do this because it is my product and there are no other links in the chain - there is a percentage on everything for 'retail' and that is what is paid to the affiliate referrer.

Check out the site - it is clear as mud there too big_smile

4. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 6 years ago

sid_candid,

So as not to place all your eggs in one basket I would recommend exploring other online businesses such as survey taker, virtual secretary, etc.

I hope that helps.

Thanks SpanStar but are these open for non-US people as I am from India.

2. recommend1 profile image66

This is absolutely good advice - the more ways of earning from each hub the better.  I would think that affiliation that I offer would still be a useful ADDITION to any of those type of operations.  Maybe it would clash with one or two I don't know.

5. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 6 years ago

But when I try to sign up for it it asks for a website. I don't have a website of my own. Can I still register?

One of your hubs will do - it is to enable a check on your stuff for suitabilitity so that timewasters, loonies and tub thumpers can be politely turned down.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years agoin reply to this

....ohhhhhh....so that's what happened....you think i'm loonie right? ....well...i've never....ever.....been called a loonie

and you have not registered yet so how would you know big_smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
            SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years agoin reply to this

....mornin' recommend1...the site is cool btw  big_smile

Still trying to get the painting finished and the images loaded up and . . .   but at least it is operational to start getting indexed etc while I do it.

6. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 6 years ago

Hello Sid,

Well wanting to get back to you as fast I could.  I just found this site for people in India so maybe this is a start:

http://www.surveys-bestpaid.org/paid-su … -india.php

Thanks for you research and useful information. Will have a look.

working