jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

Using blogger for income streams.

1. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I have a half dozen blogs I created ages ago when I was first discovering the internet. Amazingly I realized I was getting some good traffic and clicks from them.

Now that blogger allows both Amazon and Adsense integration, do you think it's a good place to post content to earn revenue?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Good for you!  I started a couple of blogger blogs before I found HubPages too, and they never did a thing. 

Although it belongs to Google, there's nothing special about Blogger that attracts traffic - so your topics must be working, and that means the blogs are worth developing.  Especially as they now have "age" which Google likes.

2. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well, Is it a niche blog or all topic in one blogger blog?

WryLiltposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No they weren't in niches. Well not small ones anyway. They were topical but just general topics.

3. SiddSingh profile image61
      SiddSinghposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I bought a domain name a few months back that I hosted on blogger.com, and recently moved to Wordpress. It is monetized through Amazon and Adsense. While hosted on blogger, it enjoyed quick indexing, better CTR and a few Amazon sales too. The performance has not been very encouraging on Wordpress, specially wrt Adsense.

2. sunforged profile image66
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

"Amazingly I realized I was getting some good traffic and clicks from them."

uhh...whats the question?

and they have recently made amazon integration easier - you have always been able to post nearly anything you want on blogger - including adult content.

...presumably you can't then monetize with Adsense, though?

2. WryLilt profile image87

You're starting to remind me of Relache lately, Sunforged. big_smile

3. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I have it on my shortlist to go take another look..

4. 2besure profile image85
    2besureposted 6 years ago

I have three block they don't get much traffic through.  What's your secret?

5. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Well, I don't earn that much from Blogger and I usually have both Adsense and Amazon ads.

6. sabrebIade profile image82
    sabrebIadeposted 6 years ago

Some of my Blogger blogs outperform my Hub Pages.
    (Especially now)
    It's not unusual to have one blog make more than all my Hubs on a given day.
    However you have to realize that we are talking one blog with 200+ pages versus 200+ Hubs.
    So actually it balances out.
    Blogger is free and it's run by Google.
    Which are two bonuses right there.

7. sunforged profile image66
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

no - adsense rules are far more restrictive then bloggers.

I was just pointing out that blogger is essentially free web hosting that has little to no rules about whats on it and how you monetize.

So the new amazon integration is just a featured widget, we always had that functionality  via a widget and it isnt new. Even if something doesnt have a widget - scripts are allowed on blogspot (unlike most free webhosts)

the adult content mention was just pointing out the extreme in what is actually allowed

8. Andrew0208 profile image57
    Andrew0208posted 6 years ago

Blogger traffic is up. Got lots of comment spam deleted. Expecting more earnings also. His Grace abound.

9. Rising Caren profile image76
    Rising Carenposted 6 years ago

Well I don't know about blogger but I just made my own blog (wordpress self-hosted on a domain I bought) in order to promote my hubs and such.

Once I put some traffic I'll put adsense on it.

1. Andrew0208 profile image57
      Andrew0208posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Blogger now got provision to host your domain or register and host via them. I'm staying off the forums now to finish writing two hubs on the cooking pot.

I knew you could buy a domain for your blog before - what do you mean host?

I don't think he means host. If you use your domain name with your blogger blog, you don't need hosting. I think that's all he means.

2. Andrew0208 profile image57
          Andrew0208posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Like Marisa rightly pointed out. You don't need hosting(housing your blog or website) for your assigned blogger domain as it automatically does that if domain purchased via them or your already registered domain dns record pointed their server by you.

working