jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

AdSense Tax Information

  1. mdlawyer profile image40
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

    I am a non-US Hubber (from India).  My AdSense account code is running on Hubpages and Triond (nowhere else). I think I need not submit Tax Information on my AdSense account settings. It is a new account. Please advise me as to whether I need to submit Tax Informatioin or not. Thanks.

    1. Uninvited Writer profile image85
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

      You claim what you earned through AdSense on your income tax, they don't send you anything if you are out of the US.

  2. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

    I got my account way back in 2005(or maybe earlier) if i remember correctly. I never found google asking me tax information in any email/notice. Your adsense earnings if taxable are monitored by banks as per new KYC(know your customer) terms. You don't need to give any details to adsense related to taxation.

  3. mdlawyer profile image40
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

    At my AdSense account settings in the Tax Information part the following is shown for Non-US Activities.

    Non U.S. Business (No U.S. Activities )

    United States (U.S.) Activities involve having employees or owning equipment in the U.S. that are involved in any way with revenue earned through the AdSense program. This includes, but is not limited to, owning a web server or owning a hosting service in the U.S., or having employees in the U.S. who are involved in either:

    setting up a web server, hosting service, or website
    developing content for your website
    marketing to create a user base for your site
    telephone support for your site
    buying products for your site
    maintaining your site
    Generally, utilizing an unrelated third-party U.S. web hosting service to host your web pages, renting web servers that are located in the U.S. from an unrelated third party, or having your payment sent to a U.S. Post Office Box or mail forwarding address, do not of themselves constitute U.S. Activities.

    If you do not have U.S. Activities, please visit the Tax Information page under your My Account tab where you will agree to a statement to that effect. No tax forms are required in this instance.

  4. englightenedsoul profile image60
    englightenedsoulposted 6 years ago

    Skyfire is right, you don't need to submit any tax information to google.  Just agree to a statement that you don't have any U.S. Business activities.

  5. mdlawyer profile image40
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

    Alright.  Thank you.