jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)

Type "hubpages" in google and look at the results? 3-6-11

1. WoodsmensPost profile image55
    WoodsmensPostposted 6 years ago

Anyone type in the word hupages in google and look at the results today?

Think thats good check page 2

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4731223_f248.jpg

Update: No harm intended for legitimate articles or websites ranking for the keyword hubpages.

2. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

And coming in # 5 on page 1---Ehow! What a joke.

1. Haunty profile image82
      Hauntyposted 6 years ago

What am I supposed to see?

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I was going to ask that question too. wink

2. WoodsmensPost profile image55
        WoodsmensPostposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hopefully you see some results tongue for the keyword hubpages lol

1. Cagsil profile image60
          Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I saw quite a few, and I scanned at least 7 pages deep. wink But, not anyone's profile page. I saw HP's blog and Homepage, then a bunch of related articles to Hubpages. smile

what about hubpages.in on page 2.. I didn't realize HP had sites elsewhere around the world. Where people can earn 75%

1. IzzyM profile image88
              IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think that might be what the OP was referring to. A second rate blog set up by an Indian hubber.

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
                Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

True!  Check out the prices for the Squiddo/Hub articles for sale on the second page. smile

Do you think besthubpages.com has any duplicate content? or is that just some sort of RSS feed I think not but I'm not sure/ page 6

2. IzzyM profile image88

Took me a while to find it...I read the squidoo article by whitney first, then found what you were talking about on page 3!

I don't especially like this because it takes away the idea of this being a mere writer's platform, but then again so long as the hubs are well written and the cheapest quote is for a minimum of 500 words which means it should be better quality than most of the muck that is getting published these days, there shouldn't be a problem.

I would rather see paid for and professional looking hubs here than some of the ones we have, to be honest.

2. brandonhart100 profile image85
      brandonhart100posted 6 years ago

Not really, it just means that there aren't that many hubs specifically focusing on that keyword. 

Search google for http://www.hubpages.com and you get some pretty good results.

3. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 6 years ago

With deals like the below running out there, don't expect anyone to start respecting HubPages again anytime soon.  I doubt this is making Google feel good about this site.

http://www.fiverr.com/users/chrishub/gi … n-hubpages

1. Will Apse profile image89
        Will Apseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

'SEO experts' have always preyed on the suckers.

2. IzzyM profile image88

Read this page and you will see that Glenn Stok reckoned someone was using a bot to follow folk.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/69158?page=21

In view of the link you have just shown I think HP staff should be informed if they haven't been already.

I don't know enough about this kind of software to know how to deal with it.

3. David 470 profile image88
        David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow! That will definitely not give a good reputation for hubpages....These corrupt people are ruining legit people!!!

4. brandonhart100 profile image85
        brandonhart100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Interesting site Relache.  It makes me think that traffic should no longer be a determining factor in individual hub scores.

4. WoodsmensPost profile image55
      WoodsmensPostposted 6 years ago

My intentions of this thread were not to discredit those legitimate websites or articles that are ranking good for the keyword "hubpages" I was amazed at the ones that seem rather shady that could also be harmful to the community here.

I think HP got a bad beat but its fixable with time. Its gonna take some work.

5. sabrebIade profile image81
      sabrebIadeposted 6 years ago

On Bing and Blekko, HubPages.com is still the first result on a search for HubPages.
      On Google...not so much...

6. SiddSingh profile image60
      SiddSinghposted 6 years ago

ht tp://www.hubpagesexplained.com/

ht tp://besthubpages.com/

ht tp://www.hubpages.de/

ht tp://www.hubpagesexpert.com/

ht tp://www.hubpagescreation.com/

working