Unable to edit my hub, History of a New Hubber

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)
  1. E Jay profile image69
    E Jayposted 13 years ago

A couple of weeks ago I became an Amazon affiliate.  I had started an Amazon capsule and was trying to get a Search widget which now I think from my research reading that Hub Pages doesn't do widgets and that is fine with me.
    During my naive attempt I got the message "No Amazon Products found"  and when I looked at my hub it had that written at the top of my hub before my content.  I didn't want that to appear so I was clicking to delete the capsule when suddenly my whole page of material was blank and all I saw was two capsules at the top, one Amazon and one photo.  I tried a number of times to delete the capsules and could not and when I tried a few other times subsequently I still could not edit or delete and still empty page. After getting the message today that I had an inappropriate hub page I knew it was that material that said No Amazon Products found which I did not put there but it showed up.  I tried again to edit and remove that capsule and cannot delete it or the photo capsule and the rest of the page is blank.  My succint question would be: "How can I begin editing this hub again?".  Thank you for a speedy reply because I certainly agree with the new policy and want to be in compliance.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

I recommend trying with a different browser, Firefox or Google Chrome.

3. To Start Again profile image71
    To Start Againposted 13 years ago

I agree with WE or you can also try un publishing the hub while you fix it. that should help with any flagging issues. Then choose to edit the hub and try adding a text capsule above the amazon and photo caps. See if you can then recopy (if you have the text saved elsewhere) the text so that your text is the first thing on the page. You can then try to delete the amazon and/or photo caps by using  the red 'x' on the capsules or you can also try checking the 'don't display this capsule' box in the edit mode of those capsules.

You can also try to use the sidebar to move the capsules around, you can click each and move them there too and double clicking on them will make them a full size caps or a half size.

I would also, as a last resort, try refreshing. It will tell you that if you navigate away from the page while editing you may lose your work but it might fix the problem and give you your text back. If not, you can just try the other things I was saying after the restart.

Hope that helps!! smile

1. E Jay profile image69
      E Jayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the suggestion...it sounded like it would work but I can't even get the page to respond to a click on "unpublish" .  The only way I can get off of the page is to close HubPage.  I tried restart and nothing changes at all.. it remains as.just the blank page with two edit capsules that don't respond.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)