jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Moderating Comments

1. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 6 years ago

I swear I looked, but can't find an answer to this question.  Is there a way for me to skip comments moderation?  I don't really mind who comments or says what on my hubs.  The only thing that concerns me is abusive comments to others who may have commented.  Can a comment be deleted if it isn't moderated?

Does that make sense?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image71
      Eaglekiwiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Kinda lol smile

I think ,within one of the capsules (probably the comments one) is the option of how you want comments managed.
      So you would need to edit your hub and check  it out that way.

Hope Ive steered you in the right direction, if not I opologise.

Oh it could be via 'Activity'button which lemme think ,go to Accounts -then look for 'Activity' on the left will be other options.

If none of this helps -forget you ever read this.

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'll give it a shot and see what I find.  I warn you, though, I have a memory like an elephant.  I never forget anything...lol  I do, however, forgive rather easily.  SO, if it doesn't work, you're more than forgiven.

smile

2. Ign Andy profile image58
      Ign Andyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The moderation features are in comments capsule, just click the edit button. By default all comments are pre-approved and send an email for notification.
      If you prefer not to get email notification, all you need is un-check the option.

1. profile image0

Awesome!

Thanks, guys and gals!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image71
          Eaglekiwiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cool, Ign Andy said it so much better than me ,but Im a woman lol

1. profile image0

Shush, kiwi....you said it well too.  And, I'm grateful to you both.  ")

3. BlissfulWriter profile image84
      BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you can set it so that comments are published automatically.  You can set it so that you get an email whenever some submits a comment.   Then you can look at the comment that was already published.  If you don't like it, then you can delete it afterwards.    However, by then it might be too late, because the comment is already published, out on the internet, someone may have already read the offending comment and would have possibly gotten their feelings hurt already.

I usually recommend to every blogger and author that they should always moderate comments.  Never let comments be auto-publish. 

I understand that it may take too much time to moderate. I wrote a Hub about how comment moderation doesn't scale: http://hubpages.com/t/221856

That's why I sometimes disable comments.  In my Hub article, you will find a link to another blogger's article that is titled "Warning To Bloggers: Moderate Your Comments: Never Auto-Publish."

working