Is anyone interested in starting the 30 day hubchallenge?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Denise Handlon profile image84
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

Hello, there is a group of hubbers who have expressed interest in going for the 30 hubs in 30 day hubchallenge.  If you are one of the people interested in this you are welcome to join 'the group'.  We're hoping that the 'group' support will keep everyone motivated.

We plan to start on April 1st-no fooling! The challenge will end on April 30th.

If you are not familiar with this read the guidelines in this forum and prepare yourself for the starting day. Here are some additional ways to prepare:

1. Select your 30 hub icon as posted in the guidelines

2. Be sure to let your followers know by posting your intentions-it helps keep one accountable to 'follow through' when you make the announcement.

3. Make a list of hub titles or ideas to write about. 

4. Bear in mind that the hubpages community has changed some rules.  Familiarize yourself with acceptable word count and subject matter, (nothing of a personal matter without additional 'useful' facts or content) or the hubteam may tag your work as 'substandard' and remove it from publication.

5. Challenge yourself, but also remember to have fun with it.  Good luck!

1. Avamum profile image82
      Avamumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm up for it.  I've been hubbing for almost five months now, and would like to learn more about marketing my hubs. I'm curious to see how the 30 in 30 will effect my traffic and earnings.  So count me in!

Denise Handlonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

great.  We will be starting on Friday April 1st.  If you have any questions about the guidelines and rules let me know.  Good luck to you.

2. Avamum profile image82
      Avamumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Denise - where can I find the updated rules re: subject matter and word count? I know about the 50 word requirement for Amazon capsules, but don't see the information re: personal content or useful stuff. Thanks!

2. victor.hatley profile image59
    victor.hatleyposted 13 years ago

One small question: Series articles count? I would think that this kind of thing would encourage it. I already have several ideas for series kinds of things...okay, I have to admit 2 questions. Educational, as I tend to go there too.

3. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 13 years ago

Any hub you right during the 30 in 30 counts towards the total whether it is part of a series or not. Go to the side bar and look at some of the former 30 in 30 to get an idea of what has been done.

4. Denise Handlon profile image84

Victor-Lynn is absolutely right.  We have both finished hubchallenges so take a peak at some of the articles we have posted.  Also, take a look at my last hub I wrote for the challenge--it offers tips for those interested in taking the challenge.  Good luck and please do join us.  smile

1. profile image0
      annmackiemillerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Denise - I didn't do too well on my first 30 challenge - okay I fell at the first hurdle - but I've just started again - I'm up for an April challenge but can I count the two I have done so far?
      Where can I find out about the changes you talk about?  I've been busy elsewhere and I find it almost impossible to keep up with the forums. 
      Is poetry counted as personal content?  What about travel experiences and life stories?  I'm muddled!

Wow! I'm glad you are in, Ann.  I'm sure you'll be fine.  I know the changes are a bit daunting to say the least.  Yes, anything is supposed to count, but hey, what do I know?  One of my best (and first) hubs was a personal memoir and it got tagged by the hp team and is now 'unpublished' until I or if I should decide to revise it according to their liking.  Haven't decided if I want to tamper with something that was posted unblemished for 9 months.

It was tagged b/c it had too much personal content  LOL  that is what a memoir is, duh!

So, per your questions: 1.NO, you cannot reuse the two you've already done.  However, you are allowed to use anything you've started that is not yet posted.

2. Poetry, travels, it all counts.  I would grp my poetry together to make it long enough for the (500 words I believe) length requirement.

3. Personal stuff: make it useful for others, i.e. tips, recipes, maps, etc that will hopefully not end up being 'tagged'.

4. Just have fun with it.  smile

1. profile image0
          annmackiemillerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Denise, so would hubs like the one I did on the playing goose count as too personal?  I am really in to bird behavour supported by my own photos.

Oh and can you tell me where to find the form we non-USA residents have to fill in?

5. Gordon Hamilton profile image97
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 13 years ago

I would have loved to get involved but sadly, at the moment, it looks as though I will have no Internet access for the last few days of April, due to being away from home in an extremely rural location. That may yet change but would hate to get fully involved in the fun, only to miss the last few days.

Hopefully next time! smile

Gordon, you can still join us.  It is not nec to post one hub per day.  During my work week (three 12 hr shifts) I cannot write anything new. So, I double up on other days. 

Where there is a will there is a way.  smile   Just join us and see what happens.  If you have a day where you can post two that counts.  It is a matter of completing 30 hubs, doesn't matter how.   

Read the rules before starting and good luck.!

6. Charlu profile image76
    Charluposted 13 years ago

I would love to be in the challenge.  I think it will keep us motivated and creative.  Gordon just write 2 articles for a few days to make up for the last part of the month.  We can do that right??? I hope so because I would need to do the same.  Thanks and I need to go read the rules now.  Good Luck

Great!  See you at the hubchallenge forum on April 1st.  Nice to have you join up.  smile

7. DIYweddingplanner profile image67
    DIYweddingplannerposted 13 years ago

Someone take me out and shoot me or at least have my head examined, because I think I'm gonna join the "30 in 30" again!  They don't call it April Fool's Day for nothing! smile

lol  lol  lol    That's me too!  Nice to see you back for another go around!  You always write such winning hubs.   See you on Friday!

2. cardelean profile image87
      cardeleanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol  I am right there with you DIY but I'm in!

Yeah!  smile    I knew you had it in you!  anyone with the stamina of getting her M.A. and her MOM degree can do this, lol

8. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

I think I will join you but not sure. One advice for all; add "WritingContest" tag in each of your hub you complete within 1-29 March so that you hubs also suit for the April contest. See detail http://hubpages.com/help/so-you-think-y … ite-online

Yes, Shuvo.  Thank you for reminding us about that.  It is surely a bonus to be doing the challenge the month of April to be able to participate in both.

I hope you can join us, my friend.  April 1st.  See you then!

9. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 13 years ago

I reckon a better challenge would be to produce 5 hubs that you researched thoroughly, thought over deeply and poured some real quality into.

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image67
      DIYweddingplannerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Will, you're not far off on that comment.  I had to go back to almost all I cranked out in my first 30 in 30 and rework/clean up later, because it was really hard for me to crank out real quality at that pace, since I also have a "real" job!

2. Denise Handlon profile image84

That said, the focus for many is to get off of the writers block!!!  This challenge CHALLENGES that obstacle.  It is more about the ability to set the goal and see it through-a hard task for many writers, especially new ones.

I support the 30/30 because it challenges other parts of ourselves.  smile

10. DIYweddingplanner profile image67
    DIYweddingplannerposted 13 years ago

OK, I'm confused.  How would hubs we write in March count toward the April challenge if we are starting on April 1?  Sounds like cheating to me...

1. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

DIY - write the hubs but don't publish them until the 1st.

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image67
        DIYweddingplannerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok, saleheensblog had me confused.  Which is sometimes easily done!

1. saleheensblog profile image61
          saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol I typed the month wrong.

2. Denise Handlon profile image84

Don't write them in March--or, as Brian S said, write and hold them until April.

11. viryabo profile image96
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

Joining the April hubchallenge, and want to join the writing contest as well.

Is it possible to do the 2 together, as in having 'writingcontest' and 'hubchallenge' tags included in each hub?

Wondering.

Yes, yes, yes, Viryabo.  So glad you will join us here.  Put both of the icons onto your hub.  Be sure to read the contest rules, also.   Good luck and see you on Friday, April 1st.

12. Cindy's Thoughts profile image60
    Cindy's Thoughtsposted 13 years ago

Hi
    I'm going to take the Challenge thanks!  : )
    Publishing my Hubs has been going along at a fairly steady pace, but in a quite haphazard kind of way.  This should help me be more organized about it!
    Special thanks to Cagsil, Pandoras Box and theherbivorehippi for giving me tips on organizing ideas.  They gave me a way to focus and it's encouraged me to jump in.  : )

Great, Cindy, thanks for joining us.

I did the hubchallenge in January and DIYWeddingPlanner did it in Feb or March.  We both have hubs that talk about our experience and tips on how to prepare.  You're welcome to read those as well.  smile

13. Denise Handlon profile image84

Wow, with just a little over 24 hrs away the April hubchallenge is ready to roll with quite a few participants.  I'm excited!

Hope that everyone has picked out a hubchallenge 30 hubs in 30 days ICON as found on the Maddie Ruud hubchallenge 'how to' thread.

Don't forget that your hubs can also qualify for the April Writing contest form April 1 - 29th.

OUr challenge will begin April 1 - April 30th. 

See you at the starting line!   smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)