jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (20 posts)

Big Pine, Ca-15 miles from my home-is on FIRE!

1. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

Ahh, California wildfire season is upon us, at least we hope so...Pyromaniacs are always a possibility, of course.
    In a place such as BPine, most of the residents work in Bishop, my home.  I know quite a few of these people and am shocked and worried.
    Prayers and thoughts are on their way to you Big Pine!

1. bgamall profile image84
      bgamallposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Lori, I live just a little bit up the road in Reno. Hope all is well. One Tahoe fire hit the working people in the SW part of the lake really hard.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Since the government cannot improve the situation, maybe the pyromaniacs can improve the landscape. tongue

You be safe Lorlie. smile

1. lorlie6 profile image85
      lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much, Ray.  I'm wondering what's to come tomorrow. sad

3. emievil profile image79
    emievilposted 6 years ago

Er sorry for my ignorance. Is that north California or south California?

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Looks to be around the middle part of the state, 1 hours drive east of the Nevada state line. (approx)

West.

4. sofs profile image85
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Prayers and Good wishes from me.

5. earnestshub profile image89
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

keep safe Lorlie! smile

6. lorlie6 profile image85

Yep, we're located just West of the Nevada border.  I am frustrated today because there is no news this am.  Bishop and Big Pine are terribly small, so nothing's on the map yet, I suppose.
    This news was HUGE among the locals last night, so I guess I'll have to get out of the house to find out anything at all!

Yes West of Nevada, I typed in east, got my directions mixed up.

Lol, sorry, I just read this after correcting you. smile

lol no need for apologies, I realized not long after I posted the first comment. I read and reread and thought......ok, its not on the right of Nevada its on the 'other' right (left meaning West) hehehehe

7. lorlie6 profile image85

"Fire in Big Pine, Ca 3.18.11" is a video on YouTube-check it out...my neighborhood.

I'm not sure how to post the link, sorry.

8. lorlie6 profile image85

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SKOxaCGs9Io" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This may be it.

9. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

For those who don’t already know, California does indeed burn down every year. It gives us a respite from the earthquakes.

10. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Well best wishes for all of you. Dampen yourselves up, turn on the sprinkler. I'm hoping for one of those big rain storms. Of course they disappear this time of year, just when you could use one.

11. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

This reminds me of a few years ago. All I had to do was step outside to see a whole mountain range burning. Come to think of it, we are just about due for that again.

12. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

You California types are so calm about this kind of stuff. We almost moved to the Santa Barbara area a few years ago and I was terrified of either falling into the ocean, being burned alive or crushed in a mammoth mudslide. I'll take a hurricane or blizzard any day of the week.

Santa Barbara is awesome. It is probably my favorite place.

working