jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

RSS Feed

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
    Jean Bakulaposted 6 years ago

Would I benefit from activating the RSS feed? I don't have a blog of my own or a Facebook account. It looks to me like it just helps my followers see what I publish, but they get emails about that if they choose. Am I hurting myself by not using the feed?

2. simeonvisser profile image85
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

Activating the RSS feed? What is that? Every HubPages account has a RSS feed automatically, you don't need to activate it. You could actively promote it of course to let people subscribe to your RSS feed. But that's more for people who are not already your followers on HubPages itself.

Jean Bakulaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, well thanks then. When I logged onto HP this morn, the RSS feed line was highlighted, and I thought that meant I was supposed to do something.

3. BlissfulWriter profile image83
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

RSS feed in general is a good thing.  Some readers like to put your RSS feed into their RSS feed reader such as Google Reader as described here:
    http://learnwebtutorials.com/subscribe- … gle-reader

The reason they want to subscribe to your RSS feed is that they can see whenever you posted something new.   

Sure, your Hub followers do get an email when you publish a new hub.  But that is only if they turned on this email notification and only if they are Hubpages member.  Otherwise, they may still prefer RSS readers instead of getting emails.

Jean Bakulaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I understand now. I probably should start at least a facebook A/C, because people have to be HP members to find our work, and I've really been enjoying writing here. Some of my more tech savvy friends don't move a step without their I Pads, so maybe it would be worth it for me to promote certain hubs I know would interest them. Anyway, thank all who answered to help me.

working